scriptloader>>loadComanche

Torsten Bergmann
>#loadSeaside30 does not work anymore

Ohh ... not again!

>ScriptLoader should not be used for loading external packages :)

We already had this discussion and agreed that we at least
keep the Seaside loading since "ScriptLoader loadSeaside30"
is widely communicated already!

>We clearly need a universe like tools so that people can publish and
>maintain their add-ons.

Yes, but we should be pragmatic for Seaside since it is the "flagship"
until we have the infrastructur set up.

Maybe we should delete it from the core but we can the loading support
in the dev images. What do you all think?

Bye
T.

--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: scriptloader>>loadComanche

Adrian Lienhard
This afternoon we plan to start working on a package management system
based on Metacello. It shouldn't be much work as the only missing part
is a catalogue with metadata about the projects we selected. The
project will provide the Metacello configurations that define the

Torsten, as far as I understand there exists a Metacello definition
for Seaside 3 that should allow you to automatically load Seaside
replacing the ScriptLoader definition. If not, we will see what we can
do alternatively to make Seaside 3 loadable in the meantime (like
providing a script based on Gofer (which is in the core now)).

Adrian

On Oct 20, 2009, at 12:00 , Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> #loadSeaside30 does not work anymore
>
> Ohh ... not again!
>
>> ScriptLoader should not be used for loading external packages :)
>
> We already had this discussion and agreed that we at least
> keep the Seaside loading since "ScriptLoader loadSeaside30"
> is widely communicated already!
>
>> We clearly need a universe like tools so that people can publish and
>> maintain their add-ons.
>
> Yes, but we should be pragmatic for Seaside since it is the "flagship"
> until we have the infrastructur set up.
>
> Maybe we should delete it from the core but we can the loading support
> in the dev images. What do you all think?
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: scriptloader>>loadComanche

Johan Brichau

On 20 Oct 2009, at 12:00, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> We clearly need a universe like tools so that people can publish and
>> maintain their add-ons.
>
> Yes, but we should be pragmatic for Seaside since it is the "flagship"
> until we have the infrastructur set up.
>
> Maybe we should delete it from the core but we can the loading support
> in the dev images. What do you all think?

I just loaded metacello and used its seaside configuration to load the
3.0-alpha5 of seaside.

It hits the 'reading a number failed' bug in 10487-DEV

...argh...

----------------------------
Johan Brichau

Re: scriptloader>>loadComanche

Lukas Renggli
The following snippet loads Seaside 3.0:

[ Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
        addPackage: 'LoadOrderTests';
        load ]
                valueSupplyingAnswers: {
                        {'Load Seaside'. true}.
                        {'SqueakSource User Name'. ''}.
                        {'SqueakSource Password'. ''}.
                        {'Run tests'. false}.
                }

There are more scripts that I use to build images on the Pharo Wiki
<http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ImageBuildScripts>.

Lukas

2009/10/20 Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> On 20 Oct 2009, at 12:00, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>
>>> We clearly need a universe like tools so that people can publish and
>>> maintain their add-ons.
>>
>> Yes, but we should be pragmatic for Seaside since it is the "flagship"
>> until we have the infrastructur set up.
>>
>> Maybe we should delete it from the core but we can the loading support
>> in the dev images. What do you all think?
>
> I just loaded metacello and used its seaside configuration to load the
> 3.0-alpha5 of seaside.
>
> It hits the 'reading a number failed' bug in 10487-DEV
>
> ...argh...

> Johan Brichau

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch