search stack tricks

laurent laffont
Hi,

When I accept the method, the "Unknow variable...." dialog pops up.

But I struggle to find from where this dialog has been created.

So when you have a modal dialog and you want to find / explore the stack/context from which it has been opened, how do you get it ?

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont (@lolgzs)

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: search stack tricks

cedreek
hi,

maybe

UndeclaredVariable>>openMenuIn: aBlock

When I accept the method, the "Unknow variable...." dialog pops up.

But I struggle to find from where this dialog has been created.

So when you have a modal dialog and you want to find / explore the stack/context from which it has been opened, how do you get it ?

I have 2 ways... look for the text or the dialog... with ALT + Shift + E (on Unknow for example), or I bring the halos and the inspect the model (but seems difficult there)...

Cédrick

Re: search stack tricks

Gary Chambers-4

For me, if nothing else is going on, an Alt-. will get you there...

Regards, Gary

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
For me, if nothing else is going on, an Alt-. will get you there...

cool, that's the real trick I was looking for !