searching all of image for a string

Ken G. Brown
How do you search all of the image source for a certain string whether in a comment or not?

I am in vw7.9.1, have SearchLightTools, and can see how to select a package in the browser, and use the Regular Expressions tab to search within that package, but I cannot seem to find a way to search all the image.

Thx for any tips,
Ken G. Brown

Re: searching all of image for a string

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Ken,

You can select all pundles in the left pane and then use Regular Expression tab to search,

-Boris

Re: searching all of image for a string

Samuel S. Shuster-2
Boris,

You can select all pundles in the left pane and then use Regular Expression tab to search,

As an aside, if you have the package/bundle pane in focus, Ctrl-A will do a select all... Easier than Shift-Clicking IMO.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]

Re: searching all of image for a string

Ken G. Brown
<base href="x-msg://207/">I was looking for a way to do that and could not find a select all in the menus anywhere, or cmd-A on Mac. After knowing there should be a way, I finally tried cntl-A and it worked.

Thx,
Ken

On 2013-01-23, at 12:22 PM, Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs wrote:

Ken,

You can select all pundles in the left pane and then use Regular Expression tab to search,

[see attached file: image001.jpg][hidden email]

-Boris

image001.jpg (41K) Download Attachment

Re: searching all of image for a string

Runar Jordahl

Re: searching all of image for a string

Ken G. Brown
Got it.
Had been using your search in 7.8 but couldn't seem to find it the first time I looked when building a fresh 7.9.1 image. I had searched for various forms of 'Source Code Search' in the public repo and it did not come up. Search terms apparently need to be of the form 'starts with'.

Thx
Ken