[seaside] No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

[seaside] No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

Ankur Sethi
Hi,

I'm new to Seaside (and Smalltalk in general). I've been trying to
build a small blogging application using Seaside and Pharo, but
something strange happens to my Pharo image when I load Seaside into
it.

I load Seaside using:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
    load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.

Everything goes well, but the System Browser no longer does syntax
highlighting. Syntax highlighting works everywhere else -- the
Workspace, Debugger, etc. --- but not in the System Browser. I even
re-downloaded a fresh image from the Pharo website and tried loading
Seaside into this image. Same results.

I'm using Pharo 1.3 + CogVM 13307 on Mac OS X Lion.

--
Ankur Sethi
(GeneralMaximus on IRC and elsewhere)

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

Ankur Sethi
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ankur Sethi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everything goes well, but the System Browser no longer does syntax
> highlighting. Syntax highlighting works everywhere else -- the
> Workspace, Debugger, etc. --- but not in the System Browser.

Turns out this issue is not present in the One-Click image. If I could
find out exactly how that image is being built, I could probably fix
my own image.

So -- how is the One-Click image built? Is there a script of some sort
that I could read?

Thanks.

--
Ankur Sethi
(GeneralMaximus on IRC and elsewhere)

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 27 Oct 2011, at 18:15, Ankur Sethi wrote:

> So -- how is the One-Click image built?
> Is there a script of some sort that I could read?

They are build here: http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/
By these scripts: http://github.com/renggli/builder

Sven

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> They are build here: http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/
> By these scripts: http://github.com/renggli/builder

Thanks, I'll take a look.

--
Ankur Sethi
(GeneralMaximus on IRC and elsewhere)

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

FadiMansour
I'm having the same issue, but with the Pharo OnClick image 1.3.

I haven't found any information on how to re-activate the syntax highlighting.

I'm curious if anybody found what was the reason for this.

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

mmimica
On 7 December 2011 13:42, FadiMansour <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm curious if anybody found what was the reason for this.

Use the jenkins version or load a new Shout package. The OneClick image should be fixed.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

FadiMansour
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I've tried it, by loading (NOT merging) Shout-AlainPlantec.113.mcz, but nothing seem to have changed.

And by the way, after loading this version, there are still other versions in bold in the repository browser. Are these "other branches"?

Sorry for the newbie question!

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7 December 2011 13:42, FadiMansour <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm curious if anybody found what was the reason for this.

Use the jenkins version or load a new Shout package. The OneClick image should be fixed.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Fadi Mansour
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fadi.doveconspiracy.com
Mobile: (+963) 94 466-2079

fadi.redeemer  fadi.redeemer.mansour
 Facebook Google Buzz Flickr Delicious Twitter

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

mmimica
Try loading Shout-lr from:
MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

i'm using ver 103.

On 8 December 2011 11:24, Fadi Mansour <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I've tried it, by loading (NOT merging) Shout-AlainPlantec.113.mcz, but nothing seem to have changed.

And by the way, after loading this version, there are still other versions in bold in the repository browser. Are these "other branches"?

Sorry for the newbie question!

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7 December 2011 13:42, FadiMansour <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm curious if anybody found what was the reason for this.

Use the jenkins version or load a new Shout package. The OneClick image should be fixed.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Fadi Mansour
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fadi.doveconspiracy.com
Mobile: <a href="tel:%28%2B963%29%2094%20466-2079" value="+963944662079" target="_blank">(+963) 94 466-2079

fadi.redeemer  fadi.redeemer.mansour
 Facebook Google Buzz Flickr Delicious Twitter

Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

FadiMansour
I loaded ver 103, but this didn't change anything.

The repository had a newer version 105, I tried to load this too, but this didn't help neither.

But even if loading a new version of Shout did solve the problem, I think I still won't know what the actual issue was.

Do you know how this syntax highlighting is integrated into the browser?

And thank you for your help anyway.

Fadi

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Johan Brichau-2
FYI: I just loaded Seaside 3.0.6.3 in a stable Pharo1.3 and have the same problem

I'm trying to figure it out

On 08 Dec 2011, at 11:47, Fadi Mansour wrote:

[...]

I had the latest version (OB-Shout-lr.16.mcz), but re-loading OB-Shout-lr.13.mcz solved the problem.

This seems to be a bug.

Do you think it should be reported as a bug in OB-Shout?