seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

cedreek
Hi

When configuring a site on google analytics, it's possible to exclude params.

I put _k, _s, _n, _c which is ok except there are still URL with
numbers and I don't know how to exclude them. I think it's related to
_n

Then here is what I got in the report:
/seaside/pier/Themes?11=
/seaside/pier/Themes?09=

Is there a way  to exclude such number for the analysis? I think the
problem comes from the fact that _n is not treated as _s and _k...

For instance in a url like:

http://www.site.com/seaside/pier/Themes? _s=nhqEN  &_k=fEjEz  &_n&11

Is there any reason why there is  [...]&_n&11   instead of
[...]&_n=11 in the url ?

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

cedreek

>  http://www.site.com/seaside/pier/Themes? _s=nhqEN  &_k=fEjEz  &_n&11
>
>  Is there any reason why there is  [...]&_n&11   instead of
>  [...]&_n=11 in the url ?

ok, stupid me... not the same thing at all !

_n is for navigation and numbers are the callback keys that are
generated in WARenderingContext>storeCallback: aCallback

But still, do people know a solution to exclude this keys for anayltics ?

Thanks

Re: Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

Lukas Renggli
>  >  http://www.site.com/seaside/pier/Themes? _s=nhqEN  &_k=fEjEz  &_n&11

>  >
>  >  Is there any reason why there is  [...]&_n&11   instead of
>  >  [...]&_n=11 in the url ?
>
> ok, stupid me... not the same thing at all !
>
>  _n is for navigation and numbers are the callback keys that are
>  generated in WARenderingContext>storeCallback: aCallback
>
>  But still, do people know a solution to exclude this keys for anayltics ?
I simply remove all parameters, see the attached screenshot.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

remove-all-params.png (61K) Download Attachment

Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

cedreek
>  But still, do people know a solution to exclude this keys for anayltics ?

one solution I've found is adding a prefix to this key. It works
but... not that nice I guess

WARenderingContext>>nextKey
        ^ '_l=', (count contents displayString)

I think that will do it... but if someone can show me a better solution...

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

cedreek
arff I knew there was a better solution...  Thanks lukas :)

I just missed this option... I guess that deserves a faq entry. I'll
see if I can do it with your screenshot if you don't mind.

Cédrick

> I simply remove all parameters, see the attached screenshot.
>
>  Lukas
>

>  --
>  Lukas Renggli
>  http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

Lukas Renggli
>  I just missed this option... I guess that deserves a faq entry. I'll
>  see if I can do it with your screenshot if you don't mind.

Please go ahead.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: seaside and google analytics - URL param exclusion

cedreek
> Please go ahead.

done

http://seaside.st/documentation/faq/how-to?#121366109

Lukas, can you upload the screenshot you sent me ? I can't (right
access). I just made a link for now.

Cédrick

ps: Is there a specific component/facility planned for GAnalytics in
seaside 2.9 (a bit like the Pier component) ?