seaside behind apache

David Zmick
I know there are alot of resources that explain this, but, I can't get any of them to work :(
I want to use apache to serve static files, and, i seaside to live behind it.
i have already gotten apache to pass seaside dynamic pages with:

ProxyPass /seaside/ http://localhost:8080/seaside/

in my httpd.conf.

This is my goal, have pier running on seaside behind apache so that pier can use files statically hosted by apache, in particular, sytlesheets :)

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: seaside behind apache

David Zmick
when i try to send to you, i get an error from the mail delivery system, and i can't send it

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Merik Voswinkel <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 16, 2008, at 5:50 AM, David Zmick wrote:

ok, i can try, but i dont think i will be much help :)

Did you mean to say that to me? You sent it to the list.

I am offering to help you, and on a nice server that has lots of stuff to make it easy, with kind people to support you..
You do not have to help us at all, just learn and enjoy.

Merik

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: seaside behind apache

Lukas Renggli
Check the archive of the SmallWiki mailing-list, it features numerous
posts explaining Apache setup:

  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.iam.unibe.ch%2Fpipermail%2Fsmallwiki%2F+virtualhost&btnG=Search

For example this is a simple configuration:

  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2006-February/001710.html

To summarize the possible causes of problems: Make sure that you are
on Apache 2, because this makes things much simpler. Use
"ProxyPreserveHost On". Don't use "ProxyPass", but "RewriteRules".

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: seaside behind apache

Claus Kick
Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Check the archive of the SmallWiki mailing-list, it features numerous
> posts explaining Apache setup:
>
>   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.iam.unibe.ch%2Fpipermail%2Fsmallwiki%2F+virtualhost&btnG=Search
>
> For example this is a simple configuration:
>
>   http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2006-February/001710.html
>
> To summarize the possible causes of problems: Make sure that you are
> on Apache 2, because this makes things much simpler. Use
> "ProxyPreserveHost On". Don't use "ProxyPass", but "RewriteRules".

If I may suggest something:

The Documentation page on seaside.st could do with an
"Integrating Seaside" section.

Subsections could be

Integrating Seaside with apache
Integrating Seaside with other webservers
Integrating Seaside with other App Servers

and so on.

I am not sure how useful it is to keep documentation like that in
mailing list archives.

Re: seaside behind apache

Conrad Taylor
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Claus Kick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lukas Renggli wrote:
[...]

This is a very good idea.

-Conrad

Re: seaside behind apache

Maarten Mostert-2
Totally agree.
It took me at least 3 times as much time to get Apache up and running with Seaside as it did to actually write the Seaside application.
@+Maarten,

Re: seaside behind apache

David Zmick
I have pier running now, but I can't get it to get the style sheets, or anything in a file library!
This is my setup:
the server is running on http://w337.uni.cc
i have a python project running at http://w337.uni.cc/sam
and

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Maarten MOSTERT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Totally agree.
It took me at least 3 times as much time to get Apache up and running with Seaside as it did to actually write the Seaside application.
@+Maarten,

Re: seaside behind apache

David Zmick
ok, i got it working with this htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
#Sam's Project
RewriteRule ^sam(.*) http://localhost:14002$1 [P]

#Comics Project