seaside-glamour: some exp

Usman Bhatti
Hello all,

Andrei, a PhD student from U. Bern, is visiting Lille and he showed me seaside-glamour, rendering glamour in a web browser. So, without much effort we could move a glamour browser and start using it on the web.
So, it was a great to see this thing working. Now, there are some widgets missing. But, we were able to create DropDown list and to transmit selection from it to other panes in the browser with some effort and its working now.
Now, next step is Table widget, so we will see if we have some time to do it in the coming days.

Now, for me, the missing part of the story is to see if can play with Roassal on the web :-).

best,
Usman

Re: seaside-glamour: some exp

abergel
We have released an html exporter for roassal.
The Amber version is coming...

Alexandre

On Dec 6, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Andrei, a PhD student from U. Bern, is visiting Lille and he showed me seaside-glamour, rendering glamour in a web browser. So, without much effort we could move a glamour browser and start using it on the web.
> So, it was a great to see this thing working. Now, there are some widgets missing. But, we were able to create DropDown list and to transmit selection from it to other panes in the browser with some effort and its working now.
> Now, next step is Table widget, so we will see if we have some time to do it in the coming days.
>
> Now, for me, the missing part of the story is to see if can play with Roassal on the web :-).
>
> best,
> Usman

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: seaside-glamour: some exp

Tudor Girba-2

I am happy that it captured your attention. This is the untapped potential of Glamour, and I hope it will get better soon :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 6 Dec 2012, at 14:39, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Andrei, a PhD student from U. Bern, is visiting Lille and he showed me seaside-glamour, rendering glamour in a web browser. So, without much effort we could move a glamour browser and start using it on the web.
> So, it was a great to see this thing working. Now, there are some widgets missing. But, we were able to create DropDown list and to transmit selection from it to other panes in the browser with some effort and its working now.
> Now, next step is Table widget, so we will see if we have some time to do it in the coming days.
>
> Now, for me, the missing part of the story is to see if can play with Roassal on the web :-).
>
> best,
> Usman

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: seaside-glamour: some exp

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Alex,

I wanted to ask about the Amber version, too. I am pretty sure that we can use it for producing the visualization from the server side.

If the Amber version provides a 1-to-1 support, the only thing we need is a Smalltalk code generator out of the specification of the view. In that way, we generate the Smalltalk code out of a given view, wrap it with the Amber libraries, and simply serve it from Seaside.

Cheers,
Doru

On 12 Dec 2012, at 00:20, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have released an html exporter for roassal.
> The Amber version is coming...
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Dec 6, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Andrei, a PhD student from U. Bern, is visiting Lille and he showed me seaside-glamour, rendering glamour in a web browser. So, without much effort we could move a glamour browser and start using it on the web.
>> So, it was a great to see this thing working. Now, there are some widgets missing. But, we were able to create DropDown list and to transmit selection from it to other panes in the browser with some effort and its working now.
>> Now, next step is Table widget, so we will see if we have some time to do it in the coming days.
>>
>> Now, for me, the missing part of the story is to see if can play with Roassal on the web :-).
>>
>> best,
>> Usman

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: seaside-glamour: some exp

abergel
> I wanted to ask about the Amber version, too. I am pretty sure that we can use it for producing the visualization from the server side.
>
> If the Amber version provides a 1-to-1 support, the only thing we need is a Smalltalk code generator out of the specification of the view. In that way, we generate the Smalltalk code out of a given view, wrap it with the Amber libraries, and simply serve it from Seaside.

Yes. However, there are several issues. The version of Roassal used on Amber is a very old one. We will soon have the human power to sync Roassal on Amber with the common Roassal platform.

We are also facing some performance problems. This is why it is not publicly released yet. If you wish, we can put a version online.

Cheers,
Alexandre