seaside production traffic rates

Dale
There has been some recent discussion about various configurations of Seaside applications aimed at handling larger loads. I'm interested in understanding the range of loads people are seeing (or anticipating) in production applications:
  • number of concurrent users
  • rate of http requests (peak and average per unit of time)
  • session expiry seconds used (do you use the default of 600 seconds?)
We'd like to incorporate some "real-life" data into our presentation at Smalltalk Solutions in Toronto in a few weeks.

Dale

Re: seaside production traffic rates

cdavidshaffer
Dale Henrichs wrote:

> There has been some recent discussion about various configurations of
> Seaside applications aimed at handling larger loads. I'm interested in
> understanding the range of loads people are seeing (or anticipating)
> in production applications:
>
>     * number of concurrent users
>     * rate of http requests (peak and average per unit of time)
>     * session expiry seconds used (do you use the default of 600 seconds?)
>
> We'd like to incorporate some "real-life" data into our presentation
> at Smalltalk Solutions in Toronto in a few weeks.
>
> Dale

Dale,

Currently I have five small Seaside+GOODS apps running on a single
server with two Squeak images running separately.  I proxy through
apache which also serves absolutely _all_ of my static content (CSS,
images, files).  I have no formal load measurements but at any given
moment I have 10-20 active sessions total.  Session life for most of
these applications is 24 hours but a session is considered "inactive"
after 10 minutes without a request.  My estimate of my peak load is
about 2 to 3 requests per second but I suspect that it is rather
non-uniformly distributed.

David

Re: seaside production traffic rates

Rajeev Lochan
Dear David,
Could you please furnish the URL of the site you own which runs on Seaside.

Thanks in advance,
Rajeev

On 3/31/07, David Shaffer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dale Henrichs wrote:

> There has been some recent discussion about various configurations of
> Seaside applications aimed at handling larger loads. I'm interested in
> understanding the range of loads people are seeing (or anticipating)
> in production applications:
>
>     * number of concurrent users
>     * rate of http requests (peak and average per unit of time)
>     * session expiry seconds used (do you use the default of 600 seconds?)
>
> We'd like to incorporate some "real-life" data into our presentation
> at Smalltalk Solutions in Toronto in a few weeks.
>
> Dale

Dale,

Currently I have five small Seaside+GOODS apps running on a single
server with two Squeak images running separately.  I proxy through
apache which also serves absolutely _all_ of my static content (CSS,
images, files).  I have no formal load measurements but at any given
moment I have 10-20 active sessions total.  Session life for most of
these applications is 24 hours but a session is considered "inactive"
after 10 minutes without a request.  My estimate of my peak load is
about 2 to 3 requests per second but I suspect that it is rather
non-uniformly distributed.

David

Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com

http://www.ar-cad.com
+91 9212090622 (Gurgaon)
080 65355873 (Bangalore)

Rajeev Lochan wrote:
> Dear David,
> Could you please furnish the URL of the site you own which runs on
> Seaside.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rajeev
These applications are all part of a business-2-business service system
for a company in the electroplating industry.  There is really nothing
consumable by the public in any of them.  Sorry.

David