seaside.st news

SeanTAllen
has there really been no news from any of the rss feeds since december?
or is a little percussive maintenance needed?

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Lukas Renggli
I guess there is some maintenance needed :-/

Aggregating all those blogs with different encodings, different feeds,
different bugs, etc. seems to be quite difficult.

Lukas

2010/1/27 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:

> has there really been no news from any of the rss feeds since december?
> or is a little percussive maintenance needed?

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Lukas Renggli
Does anybody know of a solution where can aggregated and sanitize the
news in some external web-service?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Danie Roux-6

Will http://www.planetplanet.org do?

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix - http://danieroux.com

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Julian Fitzell-2
Yahoo Pipes perhaps? FeedBurner would sanitize them - but not
aggregate them, I think.

Julian

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a solution where can aggregated and sanitize the
> news in some external web-service?
>
> Lukas
>
> 2010/1/27 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> I guess there is some maintenance needed :-/
>>
>> Aggregating all those blogs with different encodings, different feeds,
>> different bugs, etc. seems to be quite difficult.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2010/1/27 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
>>> has there really been no news from any of the rss feeds since december?
>>> or is a little percussive maintenance needed?

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Peter Osburg-2
I am working on such a solution.
Created with Seaside of course: Mingling several RSS Feeds together into one single feed.

Problem is: To less time for too much work :)
Unfortunately it is not published yet but working as expected (with expected errors, too).

I let you know as soon as I am finished with that.
Btw: It'll be a webapp then, no code you need to use, just the page doing the mingling for you.

2010/1/27 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>
Yahoo Pipes perhaps? FeedBurner would sanitize them - but not
aggregate them, I think.

Julian

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a solution where can aggregated and sanitize the
> news in some external web-service?
>
> Lukas
>
> 2010/1/27 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> I guess there is some maintenance needed :-/
>>
>> Aggregating all those blogs with different encodings, different feeds,
>> different bugs, etc. seems to be quite difficult.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2010/1/27 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
>>> has there really been no news from any of the rss feeds since december?
>>> or is a little percussive maintenance needed?

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.peter-osburg.de
www.experiencedwebprogramming.com
www.mix-rss.com

Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news

Lukas Renggli
I am using Google Blog search now. That seems to work quite nicely,
but still it would be cool to implement a new version of TopFeeder to
be a bit more stable.

Lukas

2010/1/27 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>:

> Yahoo Pipes perhaps? FeedBurner would sanitize them - but not
> aggregate them, I think.
>
> Julian
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anybody know of a solution where can aggregated and sanitize the
>> news in some external web-service?
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2010/1/27 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>>> I guess there is some maintenance needed :-/
>>>
>>> Aggregating all those blogs with different encodings, different feeds,
>>> different bugs, etc. seems to be quite difficult.
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: seaside.st news

Paul DeBruicker
On 01/27/2010 02:39 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:39:22 +0100
> From: Lukas Renggli<[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Seaside] seaside.st news
> To: Seaside - general discussion<[hidden email]>
>
> Does anybody know of a solution where can aggregated and sanitize the
> news in some external web-service?
>
> Lukas

Google has a Reader API:

http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxfeeds/documentation/

Where they sanitize everything and give you JSON or XML or a combination
of the two.  There are several examples in the link

Has anyone done anything with it?

Paul