seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The ConfiguraitonOfSeaside does not define any #stable version for Pharo 1.3.

Is it intentional or is it simply because the configuration is not up to date?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 16, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ConfiguraitonOfSeaside does not define any #stable version for Pharo 1.3.
>
> Is it intentional or is it simply because the configuration is not up to date?

The configuration is not up to date... would be nice to fix it. And it would be good
to have a version that loads a minimal seaside (no OB, which I think this does).

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: [Seaside] seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Lukas Renggli
All the latest packages work well in Pharo 1.3, especially in combination with Zinc (so the dependency to Kom could be removed).

Lukas

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Seaside] seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Dale, as the main maintainer of the configuration, would you be available to give a hand with this?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Philippe Marschall-2-3
On 16.08.2011 12:23, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The ConfiguraitonOfSeaside does not define any #stable version for Pharo 1.3.
>>
>> Is it intentional or is it simply because the configuration is not up to date?
>

> The configuration is not up to date... would be nice to fix it. And it would be good
> to have a version that loads a minimal seaside (no OB, which I think this does).

That should actually work. You just need to define what you mean with
minimal (probably Seaside-Component and Seaside-Canvas and probably
Seaside-Flow as well).

As long as you stay away from Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser it shouldn't
load OB.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Seaside] seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Dale Henrichs
Doru,

When 3.0.5 was released Pharo1.2 support was just added and AFAIK Pharo1.3 was not ... there has been work on Seaside since then and talk of 3.0.6 ... I was planning on doing some configuration maintenance as part of the Seaside sprint after ESUG ... no time to spare before:)

Dale

| Dale, as the main maintainer of the configuration, would you be
| available to give a hand with this?
|
| Cheers,
| Doru
|

| On 16 Aug 2011, at 13:10, Lukas Renggli wrote:
|
| > All the latest packages work well in Pharo 1.3, especially in
| > combination with Zinc (so the dependency to Kom could be removed).
| >
| > Lukas
| >
| > On Tuesday, 16 August 2011, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
| > wrote:

| > > The configuration is not up to date... would be nice to fix it.
| > > And it would be good
| > > to have a version that loads a minimal seaside (no OB, which I
| > > think this does).
| > >
| > > --
| > > Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de
| > >

| > --
| > Lukas Renggli
| > www.lukas-renggli.ch
|
| --
| www.tudorgirba.com
|
| "Problem solving should be focused on describing
| the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: seaside #stable on pharo.13?

Dale Henrichs
Doru,

The 'Base' group defines the minimal set of packages for Seaside (it does not include OB)... The only thing that you need in addition to 'Base' is to decide which of the Adaptors you want to use and you can have a perfectly functioning Seaside.

If you are suggesting that the 'default' to not include the OB tools, that's fine with me, but in past discussions the decision was reached to include OB tools in the 'default' group. The rationale has always been (i believe) that the naive users need to  have the Seaside control panel (which is based on OB) in order to easily start and stop Seaside ... The sophisticated and knowledgeable users can start with the 'Base' group and add exactly the packages that they are interested in ...

Perhaps we need to have one more group that loads everything but the OB tools and leave the default group alone? If you are sophisticated enough to know you don't want OB, then you can load that group...

Dale

On 16.08.2011 23:07, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> Doru,
>
> The 'Base' group defines the minimal set of packages for Seaside (it does not include OB)... The only thing that you need in addition to 'Base' is to decide which of the Adaptors you want to use and you can have a perfectly functioning Seaside.
>
> If you are suggesting that the 'default' to not include the OB tools, that's fine with me, but in past discussions the decision was reached to include OB tools in the 'default' group. The rationale has always been (i believe) that the naive users need to  have the Seaside control panel (which is based on OB) in order to easily start and stop Seaside ... The sophisticated and knowledgeable users can start with the 'Base' group and add exactly the packages that they are interested in ...
>
> Perhaps we need to have one more group that loads everything but the OB tools and leave the default group alone? If you are sophisticated enough to know you don't want OB, then you can load that group...

I was confusing Metacello with other dependency managers, sorry. We'll
have to talk about it at ESUG.

Cheers
Philippe