#seaside value?

Ken Causey-3
I've long noticed that #seaside attracts newbie questions but few useful
the last 30 days:

Questions: 18
Answers: 5
Referrals: 4

By referrals I mean a response that suggests that newbie look elsewhere,
this list for example, versus something the newbie considers an actual
useful response.  I tend to be the source for many of these.  Sometimes
there was both a referral and a useful answer to the same question, I
counted that as an answer and not a referral.

This was the totality of traffic on #seaside over the last 30 days,
there were no other conversations of any kind.

I have to wonder if the #seaside IRC channel actually has any value, for
it to have some active users and developers of Seaside are going to have
to start hanging out and responding more.

Ken

Re: #seaside value?

Johan Brichau-2
For me, irc channels don't work. I'm asking and responding only on this mailinglist.

Given the responsiveness I witness on this mailinglist, I think you will be less frustrated when you delegate questions here directly.

Just my 2 cents...
Johan

On 10 Sep 2010, at 21:46, "Ken Causey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've long noticed that #seaside attracts newbie questions but few useful
> the last 30 days:
>
> Questions: 18
> Answers: 5
> Referrals: 4
>
> By referrals I mean a response that suggests that newbie look elsewhere,
> this list for example, versus something the newbie considers an actual
> useful response.  I tend to be the source for many of these.  Sometimes
> there was both a referral and a useful answer to the same question, I
> counted that as an answer and not a referral.
>
> This was the totality of traffic on #seaside over the last 30 days,
> there were no other conversations of any kind.
>
> I have to wonder if the #seaside IRC channel actually has any value, for
> it to have some active users and developers of Seaside are going to have
> to start hanging out and responding more.
>
> Ken

Re: #seaside value?

mozillanerd
Each post should state:
1. Solves problem.
2. Suggestion - may solve problem.
3. Reference
4. Closes problem report - issued by original poster of thread
5. Duplicate of another problem.