seasideHelper on pharo

Miguel Cobá
Hi Keith,

I think you're subscribed to this list. If not, maybe someone know.

I am trying to load seaside helper on an pharo core 10408 image.

First I installed Seaside (after loading its dependencies) with:

Installer ss
  project: 'Seaside';
  answer: '.*username.*' with: 'admin';
  answer: '.*password.*' with: 'seaside';
  install: 'Seaside2.8a1'.

This installed (accord to monticello browser) Seaside2.8a1-pmm.593.
This version worked ok and I could navigate the examples without
problem.

Now I installed seasideHelper from the squeak universe :

Installer universe
  answer:'username' with:'admin';
  answer:'password' with:'seaside';
  install: 'Magma seasideHelper'.

but according to the messages shown, seasideHelper has its problems with
pharo. I got some errors because of argument assignment but were solved
with:

Preferences disable: #allowBlockArgumentAssignment

During install it shows an error for class

MagmaPreferences

not existing in the image. It is part of Magma client as I can see from
a squeak image I have. I abandon the debugger message and retry. The
message doesn't appear again, but the class is not found.

At the end the version of of seaside is:

Seaside2.8a1-lr.591. and WAKom don't start because of BlockClosure
#newProcessWithBindings don't exists anymore.

Well, I am trying to digg in the code but I want to know if anyone has a
version that works in pharo or if it is planned to have support for
pharo and for seaside versions that include suppor for the new closure
vm?

Thanks for your answers

Re: seasideHelper on pharo

keith1y
Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> I think you're subscribed to this list. If not, maybe someone know.
>
> I am trying to load seaside helper on an pharo core 10408 image.
>
> First I installed Seaside (after loading its dependencies) with:
>
> Installer ss
>   project: 'Seaside';
>   answer: '.*username.*' with: 'admin';
>   answer: '.*password.*' with: 'seaside';
>   install: 'Seaside2.8a1'.
>
> This installed (accord to monticello browser) Seaside2.8a1-pmm.593.
> This version worked ok and I could navigate the examples without
> problem.
>
> Now I installed seasideHelper from the squeak universe :
>
> Installer universe
>   answer:'username' with:'admin';
>   answer:'password' with:'seaside';
>   install: 'Magma seasideHelper'.
>
> but according to the messages shown, seasideHelper has its problems with
> pharo. I got some errors because of argument assignment but were solved
> with:
>
> Preferences disable: #allowBlockArgumentAssignment
>
> During install it shows an error for class
>
> MagmaPreferences
>
> not existing in the image. It is part of Magma client as I can see from
> a squeak image I have. I abandon the debugger message and retry. The
> message doesn't appear again, but the class is not found.
>
> At the end the version of of seaside is:
>
> Seaside2.8a1-lr.591. and WAKom don't start because of BlockClosure
> #newProcessWithBindings don't exists anymore.
>
> Well, I am trying to digg in the code but I want to know if anyone has a
> version that works in pharo or if it is planned to have support for
> pharo and for seaside versions that include suppor for the new closure
> vm?
>
> Thanks for your answers

All the repositories are open if you want to fix things. I wont be
fixing things myself in the near future due to other commitments and my
general disillusion.

I suggest that you put your findings as to what is needed to make things
work where into Sake/Packages.

Keith

Re: seasideHelper on pharo

Miguel Cobá
El sáb, 08-08-2009 a las 01:58 +0100, Keith Hodges escribió:
> All the repositories are open if you want to fix things. I wont be
> fixing things myself in the near future due to other commitments and my
> general disillusion.
>
> I suggest that you put your findings as to what is needed to make things
> work where into Sake/Packages.

Ok, will investigate. I wish that that feeling pass soon, as we as
community really need your effort and coding abilities.