seasidehosting has down?

albertlee
Error 503:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

anyone notice?

Re: seasidehosting has down?

Philippe Marschall
2008/10/28 Albert Lee <[hidden email]>:
> Error 503:
> Service Temporarily Unavailable

That means that the image / seaside application you try to access is
down. The server itself is up and returns this response.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: seasidehosting has down?

r00t uk
Hello All

I opened an account on seasidehosting.st, and uploaded my image but I get "Error 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" when I try and connect.  The URL is airush.seasidehosting.st.

I did the following prior to uploading the image.
  1. Changed deployment mode for the website to "true"
  2. SSKom stop
  3. saved image
  4. uploaded image and changes files
  5. The image starts using either WAKom, WAKomEncoded and WAKomEncoded39
When I connect to airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/airush.co.uk or airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/config I get the error above.  There are no log files being generated except for the "web access" one.  When I checked the other sites being hosted I notice that the vast majority of them were also generating the same error as mine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2009/2/22 r00t uk <[hidden email]>:

> Hello All
>
> I opened an account on seasidehosting.st, and uploaded my image but I get
> "Error 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" when I try and connect.  The URL
> is airush.seasidehosting.st.
>
> I did the following prior to uploading the image.
>
> Changed deployment mode for the website to "true"
> SSKom stop
> saved image
> uploaded image and changes files
> The image starts using either WAKom, WAKomEncoded and WAKomEncoded39
>
> When I connect to airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/airush.co.uk or
> airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/config I get the error above.  There are no
> log files being generated except for the "web access" one.  When I checked
> the other sites being hosted I notice that the vast majority of them were
> also generating the same error as mine.
>
> Any ideas?

503 means no image is running. Are you sure you started the image
after you uploaded it to the server? You mention SSKom that's from
SqueakSource, are you trying to use SqueakSource?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: seasidehosting has down?

r00t uk
The status page says it is running.  SSKom is used in Pharo, but WAKom also works when I use it locally.

Thanks

2009/2/22 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
2009/2/22 r00t uk <[hidden email]>:
> Hello All
>
> I opened an account on seasidehosting.st, and uploaded my image but I get
> "Error 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" when I try and connect.  The URL
> is airush.seasidehosting.st.
>
> I did the following prior to uploading the image.
>
> Changed deployment mode for the website to "true"
> SSKom stop
> saved image
> uploaded image and changes files
> The image starts using either WAKom, WAKomEncoded and WAKomEncoded39
>
> When I connect to airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/airush.co.uk or
> airush.seasidehosting.st/seaside/config I get the error above.  There are no
> log files being generated except for the "web access" one.  When I checked
> the other sites being hosted I notice that the vast majority of them were
> also generating the same error as mine.
>
> Any ideas?

503 means no image is running. Are you sure you started the image
after you uploaded it to the server? You mention SSKom that's from
SqueakSource, are you trying to use SqueakSource?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: seasidehosting has down?

Ramon Leon-5
503 means no image is running. Are you sure you started the image
after you uploaded it to the server? You mention SSKom that's from
SqueakSource, are you trying to use SqueakSource?

Cheers
Philippe

SSKom isn't just from SqueakSource, could be he's running one of my images and using my SSKom subclass of WAKomEncoded, it removes WAKom, WAKomEncoded and WAKomEncoded39 from the startup list and has it's own startUp, startOn:, and stop routine.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: seasidehosting has down?

Philippe Marschall
2009/2/22 Ramon Leon <[hidden email]>:

>>> 503 means no image is running. Are you sure you started the image
>>> after you uploaded it to the server? You mention SSKom that's from
>>> SqueakSource, are you trying to use SqueakSource?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe
>
> SSKom isn't just from SqueakSource, could be he's running one of my images
> and using my SSKom subclass of WAKomEncoded, it removes WAKom, WAKomEncoded
> and WAKomEncoded39 from the startup list and has it's own startUp, startOn:,
> and stop routine.

That would explain the breakage. Seaside hosting passes a script to
the to start the server on the right port. You can't choose this port.

Cheers
Philippe