[seasidehosting] image frozen, with aside on /robots.txt

1 message Options

[seasidehosting] image frozen, with aside on /robots.txt

Yanni Chiu
After noticing these lines in the log:

"GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 55 "-" "Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
"GET / HTTP/1.0" 502 379 "-" "Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

I uploaded a robots.txt file to the root directory,
and tested it. At first I didn't notice that the
repsonse was not the same file I'd uploaded. I guess
the Apache setup is providing one, and it contains:

Disallow: /resources/
Disallow: /seaside/

That would explain why the bot continues to request "/",
which I have mapped to the default entry point.

Actually I'm trying to figure out why I have to restart
my image, because it seemed frozen. I think it was accepting
connections, but failing to give a response. Probably, the
robot.txt is unrelated to the frozen image - it just happened
along after the freeze.

In the stderr log, I find a bunch of lines like:

acceptHandler: Too many open files
acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f4d20
socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f4d20

And, in the LowSpaceDebug.log, I find:

Space is low
10 March 2006 4:03:20 am
Process>>suspend
[] in UndefinedObject>>DoIt {[Project uiProcess suspend]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>ifError:

The time corresponds to roughly the time when meaningful
log activity stops being recorded.

So, any ideas on how to interpret the logs. Or, how to
instrument or monitor the image. Would setting up VNC be
possible (maybe not, if listening sockets are controlled).

BTW, I have session timeout set to 8 hours, because that's
how I prefer to develop. I probably should set it lower
for deployment. I'd have to monitor the memory usage through
Seaside, to figure out if this is the problem.

One more thing, the "Log Files"-->Statistics functionality
seems to have broken. The hour/day/month links all lead to
a month chart, after showing the hour chart initially.