serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

sergio_101

Hi, all.

I have been working on getting this going for awhile, and I am having
little problems here and there. I think the easiest thing to do would be
to go over the spots where i am getting hung up..

> navigation (Children (dynamic)). Change the navigation and set the
> level to 1 and recursive to true. This will give us better navigation.

just a quick point.. mine says children(context) .. rather than dynamic.
i selected that.. but that shouldn't be a big deal..

> And then the collapse looks like this:
> {{{<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle"
> data-toggle=“.fcollapse" data-target=".footer-collapse">
> </button>}}}
this button (and all buttons) shows up on my non styled version just
fine.. but when i add the bootstrap parts in, it is no longer visible..
> {{{<div class="footer-collapse fcollapse">}}}
> +Menu+
> +Commands+
> {{{</div>}}}

the text doesn't say anything about the commands structure.. so, at
first i tried it, and i ended up with a dead site.. oops.. next, i added
a commands component, and i ended up with the attached. The biggest
problem is that non of he command links work.. i can't log out or anything..

it looks like the toggling is broken, and the command links are broken..
but i am almost there!

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Seaside_and_Privacy.jpg (177K) Download Attachment

Re: serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

DiegoLont
Hi Sergio,

> Hi, all.
>
> I have been working on getting this going for awhile, and I am having little problems here and there. I think the easiest thing to do would be to go over the spots where i am getting hung up..
>
>> navigation (Children (dynamic)). Change the navigation and set the level to 1 and recursive to true. This will give us better navigation.
>
> just a quick point.. mine says children(context) .. rather than dynamic. i selected that.. but that shouldn't be a big deal..

There are two different children here. There is a children (context) that allows to see the children of the node you are currently viewing, and there are the children (dynamic) that allows to see the children of the node that you select. But having set lvl 1, the difference should not be that big.

>> And then the collapse looks like this:
>> {{{<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle=“.fcollapse" data-target=".footer-collapse">
>> </button>}}}
> this button (and all buttons) shows up on my non styled version just fine.. but when i add the bootstrap parts in, it is no longer visible.

This button appears when you make your browser small enough. This is one of the bootstrap tricks: if you have enough screen, you get the links displayed, and when your screen is smaller you get a toggle button to save space.

>> {{{<div class="footer-collapse fcollapse">}}}
>> +Menu+
>> +Commands+
>> {{{</div>}}}
>>
> the text doesn't say anything about the commands structure.. so, at first i tried it, and i ended up with a dead site.. oops.. next, i added a commands component, and i ended up with the attached. The biggest problem is that non of he command links work.. i can't log out or anything..

Ok, it looks like I forgot something here … yes, this should be a commands structure, and on the list class you should set "nav navbar-nav navbar-left”, to make them look good. But the links should work without those tags…

Cheers,
Diego

Re: serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

sergio_101
how did you go about getting the 'login' to appear on the bottom left of your screen?

still trying to get the command links to work, but to no avail. i can't see anything wrong with the actual links, either.. hmm....

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sergio,

> Hi, all.
>
> I have been working on getting this going for awhile, and I am having little problems here and there. I think the easiest thing to do would be to go over the spots where i am getting hung up..
>
>> navigation (Children (dynamic)). Change the navigation and set the level to 1 and recursive to true. This will give us better navigation.
>
> just a quick point.. mine says children(context) .. rather than dynamic. i selected that.. but that shouldn't be a big deal..

There are two different children here. There is a children (context) that allows to see the children of the node you are currently viewing, and there are the children (dynamic) that allows to see the children of the node that you select. But having set lvl 1, the difference should not be that big.

>> And then the collapse looks like this:
>> {{{<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle=“.fcollapse" data-target=".footer-collapse">
>> </button>}}}
> this button (and all buttons) shows up on my non styled version just fine.. but when i add the bootstrap parts in, it is no longer visible.

This button appears when you make your browser small enough. This is one of the bootstrap tricks: if you have enough screen, you get the links displayed, and when your screen is smaller you get a toggle button to save space.

>> {{{<div class="footer-collapse fcollapse">}}}
>> +Menu+
>> +Commands+
>> {{{</div>}}}
>>
> the text doesn't say anything about the commands structure.. so, at first i tried it, and i ended up with a dead site.. oops.. next, i added a commands component, and i ended up with the attached. The biggest problem is that non of he command links work.. i can't log out or anything..

Ok, it looks like I forgot something here … yes, this should be a commands structure, and on the list class you should set "nav navbar-nav navbar-left”, to make them look good. But the links should work without those tags…

Cheers,
Diego

Re: serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

DiegoLont
The command component filters for all valid commands. This means that when you are logged out, and the ownership is properly set, only the login button is available. I did not add all commands, since I only need a few: Add, Move, Edit, Remove, Reorder children, Login and Logout.

And what is the problem exactly. Do they not work, is the appearance wrong, or do the wrong buttons show up?

Something that is not mentioned in my recipe, is that there is an initialisation bug in the security of pier, that you need to set the owner of all things to the “admin" user. To do this, you need to select the root node, and then change owner, select the correct user, and apply recursive.

Also when deploying, you probably want to deploy it under a newly created user, instead of the default “admin” / “pier” user.

Does this help? Otherwise, you can contact me on google plus and you can share your screen, so I can take a look at your image.

Cheers,
Diego

On 30 Jul 2014, at 17:22, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

how did you go about getting the 'login' to appear on the bottom left of your screen?

still trying to get the command links to work, but to no avail. i can't see anything wrong with the actual links, either.. hmm....

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sergio,

> Hi, all.
>
> I have been working on getting this going for awhile, and I am having little problems here and there. I think the easiest thing to do would be to go over the spots where i am getting hung up..
>
>> navigation (Children (dynamic)). Change the navigation and set the level to 1 and recursive to true. This will give us better navigation.
>
> just a quick point.. mine says children(context) .. rather than dynamic. i selected that.. but that shouldn't be a big deal..

There are two different children here. There is a children (context) that allows to see the children of the node you are currently viewing, and there are the children (dynamic) that allows to see the children of the node that you select. But having set lvl 1, the difference should not be that big.

>> And then the collapse looks like this:
>> {{{<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle=“.fcollapse" data-target=".footer-collapse">
>> </button>}}}
> this button (and all buttons) shows up on my non styled version just fine.. but when i add the bootstrap parts in, it is no longer visible.

This button appears when you make your browser small enough. This is one of the bootstrap tricks: if you have enough screen, you get the links displayed, and when your screen is smaller you get a toggle button to save space.

>> {{{<div class="footer-collapse fcollapse">}}}
>> +Menu+
>> +Commands+
>> {{{</div>}}}
>>
> the text doesn't say anything about the commands structure.. so, at first i tried it, and i ended up with a dead site.. oops.. next, i added a commands component, and i ended up with the attached. The biggest problem is that non of he command links work.. i can't log out or anything..

Ok, it looks like I forgot something here … yes, this should be a commands structure, and on the list class you should set "nav navbar-nav navbar-left”, to make them look good. But the links should work without those tags…

Cheers,
Diego

Re: serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

sergio_101
the links show up just fine. everything looks as expected (i need to style the list, but that's okay..) but the links just don't work. when i add the bootsrap libraries back in, the expected commands (including 'logout') appear, but when you click the logout link, nothing happens. it's the same with the other links, too..

OH! i did not hear about the initialization bug! i will try that too. that will answer a whole bunch of other questions i posted (template showing up in the links, template editable by anyone)..

let me try the initialization first..

also, i can send you my image, rather than screen share. it's just an image i am playing with.

Thanks!

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> {{{<div class="footer-collapse fcollapse">}}}
>> +Menu+
>> +Commands+
>> {{{</div>}}}
>>
> the text doesn't say anything about the commands structure.. so, at first i tried it, and i ended up with a dead site.. oops.. next, i added a commands component, and i ended up with the attached. The biggest problem is that non of he command links work.. i can't log out or anything..

Ok, it looks like I forgot something here … yes, this should be a commands structure, and on the list class you should set "nav navbar-nav navbar-left”, to make them look good. But the links should work without those tags…

Cheers,
Diego

Re: serveral questions about diego lont's bootsrap recipe

I looked at the image, and I understand the pitfall you have fallen in:

While making the template, you have removed the contents component. This means: there is no longer a place where the current component (document or widget) is shown. This means thad when you press edit, the current component becomes the editor of the current node. But because the current component is not shown, the editor is not shown. So the only link that should work is the logout, but that is not very useful.

I believe I have said so in my recipe, that you first have to create the new place for the contents, and after that remove the old place of the contents, but I have to check. I have monday a bit more time, so I will take a look on monday.

Cheers,
Diego