session lock thought

SeanTAllen
Would this be a possible solution to the session lock problem?

If the session is locked, copy the session info from the locked one (
possible ).
Create a new session from the copy.
Redirect user over to the new session and perhaps execute the action
that started the problem.

Just thinking out loud. Seeing what sticks.

Re: session lock thought

Dale Henrichs
In a fastCGI environment when the retry limit is hit, the user gets a response back that a system error occurred...the gem doesn't lock up ...

Let's try to solve one problem at a time ...

If I understand the situation, swazoo gems going catatonic is the first problem that we need to take care of ... once we resolve the catatonic swazoo gem problem, we can start looking into a solution for the locked session ... if I remember correctly gerhard increased the time delay for the retry  (default is something like 10Ms) so that there was a better chance that the other request was finished...

Dale