setsockopt: No,buffer space available

Philippe Marschall-2-3
Hi

I have some code that runs a protocol on consisting of 8k packets over
TCP. This works fantastically well on Linux. However on Mac OS I get a
lot of failed request. Investigating further I found the following error
log:

16.02.12 18:44:12.485 [0x0-0x95095].com.squeak.Cog: setsockopt: No
buffer space available

After some more investigation I found out that I do set SO_SNDBUF and
SO_RCVBUF to 8192 (remember 8k packets) but these calls fail. That's on
Mac OS 10.7, I'm not sure but the way I remember it the code was working
on Mac OS 10.6

Cheers
Philippe

Re: setsockopt: No,buffer space available

Igor Stasenko
On 16 February 2012 19:30, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have some code that runs a protocol on consisting of 8k packets over TCP.
> This works fantastically well on Linux. However on Mac OS I get a lot of
> failed request. Investigating further I found the following error log:
>
> 16.02.12 18:44:12.485 [0x0-0x95095].com.squeak.Cog: setsockopt: No
> buffer space available
>
> After some more investigation I found out that I do set SO_SNDBUF and
> SO_RCVBUF to 8192 (remember 8k packets) but these calls fail. That's on Mac
> OS 10.7, I'm not sure but the way I remember it the code was working on Mac
> OS 10.6

who knows, who knows..
in such situation, i think best what can be done is to write a small C program
which tries to do the same to diagnose the problem.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.