short tutorial on Gaucho?

Alexandre Bergel-4
Hi!

I gave a try to use Gaucho. But I feel a short tutorial is needed. It is not clear how and on what to install it. I tried a "ConfigurationOfGaucho project lastVersion load" in a Pharo 1.1. I got 14 red tests out of the 28 (Form class>>makeStar seems to be missing).

Cheers,
Alexandre

Re: short tutorial on Gaucho?

Fernando olivero
Hi Alexander, in the web page http://gaucho.inf.usi.ch/

you can find several screen casts explaining how to install it, and a bank account tutorial and more ( i still have to produce HD versions and upload them).

In the Releases section, you can find the details for the Gaucho1.0 release.
It works on Pharo1.0 and PharoCore1.0.

Saludos,
Fernando

On Jun 8, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I gave a try to use Gaucho. But I feel a short tutorial is needed. It is not clear how and on what to install it. I tried a "ConfigurationOfGaucho project lastVersion load" in a Pharo 1.1. I got 14 red tests out of the 28 (Form class>>makeStar seems to be missing).
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: short tutorial on Gaucho?

Simon Denier-3

On 8 juin 2010, at 15:46, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I gave a try to use Gaucho. But I feel a short tutorial is needed. It is not clear how and on what to install it. I tried a "ConfigurationOfGaucho project lastVersion load" in a Pharo 1.1. I got 14 red tests out of the 28 (Form class>>makeStar seems to be missing).

Indeed it's a bit harsh right now. I had to cross information between the screencast, the website doc, and the paper to get a start.

But I think that simply the screencast in a better quality, like Laurent suggested, is enough to get a start. (although an embedded tutorial would not harm of course)

--
 Simon

Re: short tutorial on Gaucho?

Simon Denier-3

On 8 juin 2010, at 16:38, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi Alexander, in the web page http://gaucho.inf.usi.ch/
>
> you can find several screen casts explaining how to install it, and a bank account tutorial and more ( i still have to produce HD versions and upload them).

ah indeed, there are several screencasts when clicking on the 'expand' icon. Bad affordance I would say :)

> In the Releases section, you can find the details for the Gaucho1.0 release.
> It works on Pharo1.0 and PharoCore1.0.
>
> Saludos,
> Fernando
>

> On Jun 8, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I gave a try to use Gaucho. But I feel a short tutorial is needed. It is not clear how and on what to install it. I tried a "ConfigurationOfGaucho project lastVersion load" in a Pharo 1.1. I got 14 red tests out of the 28 (Form class>>makeStar seems to be missing).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre

 Simon

Re: short tutorial on Gaucho?

Fernando olivero

On Jun 8, 2010, at 4:56 PM, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 8 juin 2010, at 16:38, Fernando olivero wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexander, in the web page http://gaucho.inf.usi.ch/
>>
>> you can find several screen casts explaining how to install it, and a bank account tutorial and more ( i still have to produce HD versions and upload them).
>

> ah indeed, there are several screencasts when clicking on the 'expand' icon. Bad affordance I would say :)

I'll make the expand icons stand out more!  Because they looked like expand buttons to me, thanks for the advice.

If you expand the Releases Section you can see a description of the current release,  together with a list of features and  the  installation script.

Fernando