shout and Pharo 1.2 or 1.3

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: shout and Pharo 1.2 or 1.3

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 13, 2011, at 5:44 AM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I have been reading the related discussion in the bug tracker. It is not
> clear to me if finally shout will eventually work with 1.2.
> I am going to prepare a DrGeo public release where I want shout, I am
> wondering if I should just use early 1.3 Pharo to do (where shout works
> nicely). Are there any reason or pitfall I should be aware of before
> doing so?

If there is something so important so people would use 1.3
instead of 1.2, then why do we not fix it?

        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.2-DevImage

We should really try to get 1.2 ready. this is getting really boring, and I really have
no energy left anymore for it.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: shout and Pharo 1.2 or 1.3

> I have been reading the related discussion in the bug tracker. It is not
> clear to me if finally shout will eventually work with 1.2.

It is now.
We spent one hour together with ben and it was not difficult. Just needed time
of people knowing both sides of the problems and we also fixed 1.3

Easy no?

> I am going to prepare a DrGeo public release where I want shout, I am
> wondering if I should just use early 1.3 Pharo to do (where shout works
> nicely). Are there any reason or pitfall I should be aware of before
> doing so?
>
> Thanks
>
> hilaire
>

> --
> Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: shout and Pharo 1.2 or 1.3

Marcus

you should learn how not to burn your energy. I think that this is important and I
take pharo exactly has an exercise. I burned myself writing project proposals and budget
so :)

Kind of zen exercise because the problem with shout is not complex.
Just that email communications are more difficult to communicate and to follow.

Stef