showstopper for 1.1

stephane ducasse
HI guys

I checked and Class definition are not logged in the changes file as well as methods removal.

So this is clearly a doit missing and we should investigate that.

Re: showstopper for 1.1

Lukas Renggli
Also the new/broken behavior of the Monticello Browser that screws up
the ancestry when the username/password is wrong is a showstopper.

Lukas

On 19 July 2010 00:00, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI guys
>
> I checked and Class definition are not logged in the changes file as well as methods removal.
>
> So this is clearly a doit missing and we should investigate that.
>
> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: showstopper for 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok (even if this is not really that bad than not been able to recover class definition).
do you have cycle to revert the changes?
Hernan can you help there?
Stef

> Also the new/broken behavior of the Monticello Browser that screws up
> the ancestry when the username/password is wrong is a showstopper.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 19 July 2010 00:00, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> HI guys
>>
>> I checked and Class definition are not logged in the changes file as well as methods removal.
>>
>> So this is clearly a doit missing and we should investigate that.
>>
>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: showstopper for 1.1

Lukas Renggli
> Ok (even if this is not really that bad than not been able to recover class definition).
> do you have cycle to revert the changes?

I'll try to do it later this afternoon. It really annoys me :-)

> Hernan can you help there?
> Stef
>

>> Also the new/broken behavior of the Monticello Browser that screws up
>> the ancestry when the username/password is wrong is a showstopper.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 19 July 2010 00:00, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> HI guys
>>>
>>> I checked and Class definition are not logged in the changes file as well as methods removal.
>>>
>>> So this is clearly a doit missing and we should investigate that.
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: showstopper for 1.1

Lukas Renggli
Please integrate the following change in Pharo 1.1 and 1.2.

  Name: MonticelloGUI-lr.62
  Author: lr
  Time: 19 July 2010, 1:10:32 pm
  UUID: f846de10-e216-42cd-81bd-0942563d65f4
  Ancestors: MonticelloGUI-MarcusDenker.61

  - refactored (but not completely reverted) the problematic change
when committing something to a protected repository

It has basically the same behavior (no debugger when the password is
wrong), but it keeps everything in a clean state and opens the version
browser. So after having fixed the password one can simply click on
copy in the version browser and everything is fine.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: showstopper for 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse
Great
I'm looking for the other problem.....

Stef

On Jul 19, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Please integrate the following change in Pharo 1.1 and 1.2.
>
>  Name: MonticelloGUI-lr.62
>  Author: lr
>  Time: 19 July 2010, 1:10:32 pm
>  UUID: f846de10-e216-42cd-81bd-0942563d65f4
>  Ancestors: MonticelloGUI-MarcusDenker.61
>
>  - refactored (but not completely reverted) the problematic change
> when committing something to a protected repository
>
> It has basically the same behavior (no debugger when the password is
> wrong), but it keeps everything in a clean state and opens the version
> browser. So after having fixed the password one can simply click on
> copy in the version browser and everything is fine.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 19 July 2010 11:29, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Ok (even if this is not really that bad than not been able to recover class definition).
>>> do you have cycle to revert the changes?
>>
>> I'll try to do it later this afternoon. It really annoys me :-)
>>
>>> Hernan can you help there?
>>> Stef

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: showstopper for 1.1

I guess that I found it

        SystemChangeNotifier uniqueInstance notify: Smalltalk ofAllSystemChangesUsing: #event:

can somebody confirm that in 1.1 with the expression class definition and methods removal are well logged into the changes files?

Stef