site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

sergio_101-2
whew!

i got the site deployed..

i will blog about the things i had to do to get it set up, but suffice
it to say, it wasn't impossible...

bear in mind that it's not public yet.. and not complete.. but it will
be in a day or so..

but you can see it here:

http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com

my question..

if you go to a page, you will see there is an extra '/' in the url... ie

http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com//ContactUs?_s=7leixyWenK8hmr6j&_k=oJw56kD1GNp4lURv&_n&13

i am not sure if i need to change that in my image, or in my apache config..

that section of the apache config looks like:

<VirtualHost *:80>

          # set serer name
          ProxyPreserveHost On
          ServerName thoseoptimizeguys.com
          ServerAlias www.thoseoptimizeguys.com

          # connfigure static file serving
          DocumentRoot /home/optimizeguys/optimizeImage/files
          <Directory codingforhire/vmImage/files>
            Order deny,allow
            Allow from all
          </Directory>

          # rewrite incoming requests
          RewriteEngine On
          RewriteRule ^/pier(.*)$ http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/$1 [redirect,last]
          RewriteRule ^/files/(.*)$ http://localhost:8085/files/$1 [proxy,last]
          RewriteCond /home/optimizeguys/optimizeImage/files/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8085/pier/$1 [proxy,last]

</VirtualHost>

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

Lukas Renggli
You probably need to remove the last / from the base-path in the
Seaside configuration of your Pier application.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

sergio_101-2
hmm.. currently, thy they are both (resource base url, server path)
set to unspecified..

not sure what to set the resource base url to...

it SEEMS like resource base url should be
"http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/resources'

and server path should be '/'

but that doesn't feel right..

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

Lukas Renggli
> it SEEMS like resource base url should be
> "http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/resources'

Yes.

> and server path should be '/'
>
> but that doesn't feel right..

It is the solution. The URLs on your Pier site are all generated
wrong, they have a /pier prefix.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

sergio_101-2
>> it SEEMS like resource base url should be
>> "http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/resources'
>
> Yes.

yes, this works.. i just can't immediately see why we need to add .../resources.

but at this point, it's working, and i don't want to rock the boat.. i
need to start populating this thing..

thanks for all your help, lukas..

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

Lukas Renggli
> yes, this works.. i just can't immediately see why we need to add .../resources.
>
> but at this point, it's working, and i don't want to rock the boat.. i
> need to start populating this thing..
>
> thanks for all your help, lukas..

The problem is that the rewrite rule

   RewriteRule ^/pier(.*)$ http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/$1 [redirect,last]

does a redirect if there is a /pier prefix. You can basically remove
this line, this handled the legacy case of expired sessions in Seaside
2.8. In your case it hid the fact that the base path was set wrong and
caused Apache to fix the URL with a redirect for each request. Of
course that doesn't work for POST requests (the POST was then lost and
the login didn't work).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

sergio_101-2
>   RewriteRule ^/pier(.*)$ http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/$1 [redirect,last]
>
> does a redirect if there is a /pier prefix. You can basically remove
> this line, this handled the legacy case of expired sessions in Seaside

okay, i removed this.. and everything seems to be working fine..
except favicon.. hmm...

let me know if you want me to work on updating all the documentation..

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: site is deployed.. extra '//' in url..

Lukas Renggli
> okay, i removed this.. and everything seems to be working fine..
> except favicon.. hmm...

I think

    DocumentRoot /home/optimizeguys/optimizeImage/files
    <Directory codingforhire/vmImage/files>

should refer to the same director (the one above)?

> let me know if you want me to work on updating all the documentation..

Yes, that would be great! Can you post an improved version of
<http://www.piercms.com/doc/deploy?view=Wiki> to
<http://code.google.com/p/pier/issues/detail?id=125>?

Lukas

--