smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

Martin Bähr
hi,

as i have been working on smalltalk projects within FOSSASIA for Google Summer
of Code and Google Code-In, as well as run smalltalk workshops at the FOSSASIA
conference, i have been invited to run a small booth and put up a banner about
smalltalk.

details about the conference are here: http://2016.fossasia.org/

since time is short, i wonder if a banner design for pharo already exists, that
i could use. alternatively, a poster, that can be stretched, or two posters on
top of each other. if there is nothing ready, maybe the design that was posted
to the list most recently can be stretched into a banner.

my workshop this year will be using roassal, so something about that would also
work, or other smalltalk topics, like squeak, etoys, etc...

it would of course also be nice to meet other smalltalkers in singapore next
month.

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

Re: [Bulk] smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

Yanni Chiu
On Feb 6, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Martin Bähr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> as i have been working on smalltalk projects within FOSSASIA for Google Summer
> of Code and Google Code-In, as well as run smalltalk workshops at the FOSSASIA
> conference, i have been invited to run a small booth and put up a banner about
> smalltalk.

That’s great news. What did you present in the previous workshops?

I don’t see any useful banner at https://smalltalkrenaissance.wordpress.com/, but maybe you can try to contact the author. The guy behind the Smalltalk Renaissance (Richard Eng) gave up on it after one year, but his articles said he’d worked on Smalltalk promotional materials.

> my workshop this year will be using roassal, so something about that would also
> work, or other smalltalk topics, like squeak, etoys, etc...
>
> it would of course also be nice to meet other smalltalkers in singapore next
> month.

I’ll help you run the booth, if I make it out.

--
Yanni Chiu

Re: smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

Jigyasa Grover
Hello Pharo-ers
I am excited that my talk proposal on "My journey in FOSS with Pharo and Fossasia" has been accepted for FOSSASIA Summit 2016 being held on March 18-20 in Singapore this year.

Hi eMBee :)
It'll be great to have a Pharo/Smalltalk booth at the conference venue with a nice poster/banner.
Let me know in case I could be of any help.
Looking forward to meet you there.

Best
Jigyasa Grover

Re: [Bulk] smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

hernanmd

Hi Martin,

Last year there was a poster made by Adam [hidden email]
I don't know if that fits your goals, the poster license or if he's still around, maybe you could check with him if there's an update.
Cheers,

Hernán

pharo-family2.pdf (361K) Download Attachment

Re: [Bulk] smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

Martin Bähr
Excerpts from Hernán Morales Durand's message of 2016-02-09 22:39:56 +0100:
> Last year there was a poster made by Adam [hidden email]
> I don't know if that fits your goals, the poster license or if he's still
> around, maybe you could check with him if there's an update.

that one was my first thought actually:
https://github.com/AdamSadovsky/pharo-family

it is a bit dense for a banner though, as people won't usually get close to it
to read.

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
--
chief engineer                                                       eKita.co
pike programmer      pike.lysator.liu.se    caudium.net     societyserver.org
secretary                                                      beijinglug.org
mentor                                                           fossasia.org
foresight developer  foresightlinux.org                            realss.com
unix sysadmin
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

Re: [Bulk] smalltalk banner or poster for FOSSASIA conference.

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

On 10/02/16 00:46, Martin Bähr wrote:

> Excerpts from Hernán Morales Durand's message of 2016-02-09 22:39:56 +0100:
>> Last year there was a poster made by Adam [hidden email]
>> I don't know if that fits your goals, the poster license or if he's still
>> around, maybe you could check with him if there's an update.
> that one was my first thought actually:
> https://github.com/AdamSadovsky/pharo-family
>
> it is a bit dense for a banner though, as people won't usually get close to it
> to read.
>
> greetings, martin.

I agreed. It gives a good panoramic overview of the Pharo ecosystem with
a thematic approach.

Cheers,

Offray