smalltalkhub down

Paul DeBruicker

Re: smalltalkhub down

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Same here... just now that I was making some migrations... let's see
when is up again. :-/

On 10/07/20 4:59 p. m., PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/smalltalkhub.com

Re: smalltalkhub down

Dale Henrichs-3
... and it is still down today ... having smalltalkhub down is starting
to interfere with builds, hopefully we won't have to wait too long for
the problem to be resolved ...

Dale

On 7/10/20 2:59 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/smalltalkhub.com

Re: smalltalkhub down

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
This seems that SmalltakHub will be down several days. I understand that
moving to Git is important, but I hope that SmalltalkHub would be
readable at least to make such migration continue to those of us how
have started it and, in fact possible.

Well... time for a forced break on Pharo usage as I'm unable to
use/migrate previous build stuff.

Offray

On 11/07/20 2:29 p. m., Dale Henrichs wrote:

> ... and it is still down today ... having smalltalkhub down is
> starting to interfere with builds, hopefully we won't have to wait too
> long for the problem to be resolved ...
>
> Dale
>
> On 7/10/20 2:59 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
>> https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/smalltalkhub.com

Re: smalltalkhub down

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 11 Jul 2020, at 23:34, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This seems that SmalltakHub will be down several days. I understand that
> moving to Git is important, but I hope that SmalltalkHub would be
> readable at least to make such migration continue to those of us how
> have started it and, in fact possible.

I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.

This should not happen.

> Well... time for a forced break on Pharo usage as I'm unable to
> use/migrate previous build stuff.

But, except for established CI build pipelines, I fail to see how this would affect normal developers. Usually, you have your main work image that has all the bits that you need loaded. You can then just continue to do whatever you were doing.

Both classic MC and git are *distributed* version control systems, you do not need a server. You can commit locally.

Package caches next to images also contain all versions recently loaded, which could be useful in case of emergency.

> Offray
>
> On 11/07/20 2:29 p. m., Dale Henrichs wrote:
>> ... and it is still down today ... having smalltalkhub down is
>> starting to interfere with builds, hopefully we won't have to wait too
>> long for the problem to be resolved ...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 7/10/20 2:59 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
>>> https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/smalltalkhub.com

Re: smalltalkhub down

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

On 12/07/20 4:19 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

>> On 11 Jul 2020, at 23:34, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This seems that SmalltakHub will be down several days. I understand that
>> moving to Git is important, but I hope that SmalltalkHub would be
>> readable at least to make such migration continue to those of us how
>> have started it and, in fact possible.
> I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.
>
> This should not happen.

Agreed. I'm aware that this was a read only version as my migration to
self hosted Gitea consisted in reading old StHub repositories and
writing new versions on Gitea, using GitMigration, while learning
Iceberg... Now I'm reading books and seeing series on this forced coding
break. Trying to see the bright side ;-).

>> Well... time for a forced break on Pharo usage as I'm unable to
>> use/migrate previous build stuff.
> But, except for established CI build pipelines, I fail to see how this would affect normal developers. Usually, you have your main work image that has all the bits that you need loaded. You can then just continue to do whatever you were doing.
>
> Both classic MC and git are *distributed* version control systems, you do not need a server. You can commit locally.
> jkjlj
> Package caches next to images also contain all versions recently loaded, which could be useful in case of emergency.

I was working on migrating Grafoscopio from 7.x to 8.x and from StHub to
Gitea and building a new hobby project related with Table Top Role
Playing (TTRPG) powered by Pharo (news when is more mature). At some
point I needed TaskIt with futures provided in the bug fix proposed to
Santiago by Norbert. But I was unable to load the issue fix branch on
7.x. So I said, what the heck lets inmerse on 8.x, using use Grafoscopio
there and let's migrate all the remaining pre-requisites for this, so I
can also ask for support in the official platform. That was when the
StHub down hit me since Friday. But I'm catching on inspiring series and
reading for the TTRPG project... so it has been a good weekend anyway :-).

Thanks for Iceberg and all the work you do on infrastructure behind
Pharo. As Susan Leigh Star[1] said, infrastructure is invisible until it
fails. That doesn't mean that I don't value the work behind it.

Cheers,

Offray

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Leigh_Star

Re: smalltalkhub down

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 12 Jul 2020, at 11:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.

It is up again.

But, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/github !

Re: smalltalkhub down

Roch-Alexandre Nominé
Hi Sven,

The web interface is up but it seems impossible to download .mcz , every attempt ends with a timeout.

Best regards

Roch.

Le lun. 13 juil. 2020 à 10:06, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 12 Jul 2020, at 11:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.

It is up again.

But, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/github !

Re: smalltalkhub down

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Yes, when you try to download a .mcz file you get a VOMongoConnectionError.

So something is still not right.

It would probably be better to move to a statically hosted web site ASAP, but then people will probably complain that the web UI is gone.

> On 13 Jul 2020, at 11:57, Roch-Alexandre Nominé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> The web interface is up but it seems impossible to download .mcz , every attempt ends with a timeout.
>
> Best regards
>
> Roch.
>
> Le lun. 13 juil. 2020 à 10:06, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

> > On 12 Jul 2020, at 11:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.
>
> It is up again.
>
> But, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/github !

Re: smalltalkhub down

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
I can confirm all these issues, from StHub non-available to error 400,
to VOMongoConnextionError.

For me, anything that allow us to keep running GitMigrationTool as
documentent would be good, no matter if the site is static or not. If
web interface is not available, but there is anyway to get a list of the
projects one once hosted in StHub, that's fine.

Cheers,

Offray

On 13/07/20 8:15 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Yes, when you try to download a .mcz file you get a VOMongoConnectionError.
>
> So something is still not right.
>
> It would probably be better to move to a statically hosted web site ASAP, but then people will probably complain that the web UI is gone.
>
>> On 13 Jul 2020, at 11:57, Roch-Alexandre Nominé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> The web interface is up but it seems impossible to download .mcz , every attempt ends with a timeout.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Roch.
>>
>> Le lun. 13 juil. 2020 à 10:06, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>

>>> On 12 Jul 2020, at 11:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am sure somebody will fix the *readonly* version of SmalltalkHub as soon as possible.
>> It is up again.
>>
>> But, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/github !

Re: smalltalkhub down

demarey
Hi all,

Sorry for the downtime. Smalltalkhub should be up again.
Also, even if it is not yet fully ready, you can take a look at the static version of smalltalkhub: http://static.smalltalkhub.com/

Regards

> Le 13 juil. 2020 à 17:20, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I can confirm all these issues, from StHub non-available to error 400,
> to VOMongoConnextionError.
>
> For me, anything that allow us to keep running GitMigrationTool as
> documentent would be good, no matter if the site is static or not. If
> web interface is not available, but there is anyway to get a list of the
> projects one once hosted in StHub, that's fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> On 13/07/20 8:15 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>> Yes, when you try to download a .mcz file you get a VOMongoConnectionError.
>>
>> So something is still not right.
>>
>> It would probably be better to move to a statically hosted web site ASAP, but then people will probably complain that the web UI is gone.
>>
>>> On 13 Jul 2020, at 11:57, Roch-Alexandre Nominé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sven,
>>>
>>> The web interface is up but it seems impossible to download .mcz , every attempt ends with a timeout.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Roch.

>>> It is up again.
>>>
>>> But, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/github !

Re: smalltalkhub down

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Thanks Christophe,

I can confirm GitMigrationTool is working against the current version of
SmalltalkHub as documented. The reported problems are gone.

Cheers,

Offray

On 13/07/20 1:35 p. m., Christophe Demarey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the downtime. Smalltalkhub should be up again.
> Also, even if it is not yet fully ready, you can take a look at the static version of smalltalkhub: http://static.smalltalkhub.com/
>
> Regards
>
>> Le 13 juil. 2020 à 17:20, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I can confirm all these issues, from StHub non-available to error 400,
>> to VOMongoConnextionError.
>>
>> For me, anything that allow us to keep running GitMigrationTool as
>> documentent would be good, no matter if the site is static or not. If
>> web interface is not available, but there is anyway to get a list of the
>> projects one once hosted in StHub, that's fine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Offray
>>
>> On 13/07/20 8:15 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>> Yes, when you try to download a .mcz file you get a VOMongoConnectionError.
>>>
>>> So something is still not right.
>>>
>>> It would probably be better to move to a statically hosted web site ASAP, but then people will probably complain that the web UI is gone.

Re: smalltalkhub down

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Christophe,

Thanks a lot for taking care.

About the static version: that already looks great, it even has a search interface.

What functionality is still missing if I may ask ? Do you need help ?

I think it would be good to switch to this version as soon as possible to prevent future complaints.

Sven

> On 13 Jul 2020, at 20:35, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the downtime. Smalltalkhub should be up again.
> Also, even if it is not yet fully ready, you can take a look at the static version of smalltalkhub: http://static.smalltalkhub.com/
>
> Regards
>
>> Le 13 juil. 2020 à 17:20, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I can confirm all these issues, from StHub non-available to error 400,
>> to VOMongoConnextionError.
>>
>> For me, anything that allow us to keep running GitMigrationTool as
>> documentent would be good, no matter if the site is static or not. If
>> web interface is not available, but there is anyway to get a list of the
>> projects one once hosted in StHub, that's fine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Offray
>>
>> On 13/07/20 8:15 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>> Yes, when you try to download a .mcz file you get a VOMongoConnectionError.
>>>
>>> So something is still not right.
>>>
>>> It would probably be better to move to a statically hosted web site ASAP, but then people will probably complain that the web UI is gone.

Re: smalltalkhub down

demarey
Hi Sven,

> Le 13 juil. 2020 à 21:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Thanks a lot for taking care.
>
> About the static version: that already looks great, it even has a search interface.
>
> What functionality is still missing if I may ask ? Do you need help ?

No functionality missing I think.
It just needs a bit of testing, and server configuration.

> I think it would be good to switch to this version as soon as possible to prevent future complaints.

Ok, I will discuss this point within RMoD team.

Cheers,
Christophe.

Re: smalltalkhub down

Yes the old server is having pain.
I will advertise a bit http://static.smalltalkhub.com/

On 13 Jul 2020, at 21:19, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16