smart MorphTreeWidget

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I would just want to praise publicly the work of Alain Plantec on the
MorphTreeWidget. In Pharo 1.0 you can get it at:
Gofer new squeaksource: 'Momo10';  package: 'MorphTreeWidget'; load.

It's a list, a tree and a table (with single and multiple selection)
in one easily customizable widget.

Recently, a new feature was added: you can limit the amount of items
visible in the list and you can expand it either incrementally or
altogether once you get to the bottom of the existing items. The idea
is that when you have very long lists, you most of the time do not
want to see all details but just want some visual support for what is
in the list. This is very important for tools like Moose which deal
with large amounts of items.

This type of work typically goes unnoticed, and that is why I felt the
need to call it to your attention :).

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: [Pharo-project] smart MorphTreeWidget

Stéphane Ducasse
this kind of widgets is really important!
Tx a lot alain!

Stef

On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would just want to praise publicly the work of Alain Plantec on the
> MorphTreeWidget. In Pharo 1.0 you can get it at:
> Gofer new squeaksource: 'Momo10';  package: 'MorphTreeWidget'; load.
>
> It's a list, a tree and a table (with single and multiple selection)
> in one easily customizable widget.
>
> Recently, a new feature was added: you can limit the amount of items
> visible in the list and you can expand it either incrementally or
> altogether once you get to the bottom of the existing items. The idea
> is that when you have very long lists, you most of the time do not
> want to see all details but just want some visual support for what is
> in the list. This is very important for tools like Moose which deal
> with large amounts of items.
>
> This type of work typically goes unnoticed, and that is why I felt the
> need to call it to your attention :).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

Re: [Pharo-project] smart MorphTreeWidget

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would just want to praise publicly the work of Alain Plantec on the
> MorphTreeWidget. In Pharo 1.0 you can get it at:
> Gofer new squeaksource: 'Momo10';  package: 'MorphTreeWidget'; load.
>
> It's a list, a tree and a table (with single and multiple selection)
> in one easily customizable widget.
>
> Recently, a new feature was added: you can limit the amount of items
> visible in the list and you can expand it either incrementally or
> altogether once you get to the bottom of the existing items. The idea
> is that when you have very long lists, you most of the time do not
> want to see all details but just want some visual support for what is
> in the list. This is very important for tools like Moose which deal
> with large amounts of items.
>
> This type of work typically goes unnoticed, and that is why I felt the
> need to call it to your attention :).

Question: in 1.1, MorphTreeWidget is in package Morphic-MorphTreeWidget
(which makes it part of Morphic, Morphic-MorphTreeWidget needs to be deleted).

Should we have it as MorphTreeWidget? This way we can easier be in sync with
your package for 1.0?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-project] smart MorphTreeWidget

Alain Plantec-4
Marcus Denker a écrit :

> On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I would just want to praise publicly the work of Alain Plantec on the
>> MorphTreeWidget. In Pharo 1.0 you can get it at:
>> Gofer new squeaksource: 'Momo10';  package: 'MorphTreeWidget'; load.
>>
>> It's a list, a tree and a table (with single and multiple selection)
>> in one easily customizable widget.
>>
>> Recently, a new feature was added: you can limit the amount of items
>> visible in the list and you can expand it either incrementally or
>> altogether once you get to the bottom of the existing items. The idea
>> is that when you have very long lists, you most of the time do not
>> want to see all details but just want some visual support for what is
>> in the list. This is very important for tools like Moose which deal
>> with large amounts of items.
>>
>> This type of work typically goes unnoticed, and that is why I felt the
>> need to call it to your attention :).
>>

> Question: in 1.1, MorphTreeWidget is in package Morphic-MorphTreeWidget
> (which makes it part of Morphic, Morphic-MorphTreeWidget needs to be deleted).

yes, delete Morphic-MorphTreeWidget package.
> Should we have it as MorphTreeWidget? This way we can easier be in sync with
> your package for 1.0?

Not sure if I understand well.
The package for 1.0 is also named Morphic-MorphTreeWidget (loadable from
www.squeaksource.com/Momo10).
But it is not part of 1.0 core.
I don't think we need a MorphTreeWidget package then, if it's what you mean.

Alain

On Jan 23, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

>> Question: in 1.1, MorphTreeWidget is in package Morphic-MorphTreeWidget
>> (which makes it part of Morphic, Morphic-MorphTreeWidget needs to be deleted).
>>
> yes, delete Morphic-MorphTreeWidget package.

Ok, added tracker entry.

>> Should we have it as MorphTreeWidget? This way we can easier be in sync with
>> your package for 1.0?
>>
> Not sure if I understand well.
> The package for 1.0 is also named Morphic-MorphTreeWidget (loadable from
> www.squeaksource.com/Momo10).
> But it is not part of 1.0 core.
> I don't think we need a MorphTreeWidget package then, if it's what you mean.

Ok, good!

        Marcus