smtp.gmail.com:587

cenopelepi
Hi,

Are there examples of connecting to google SMTP server on port 587 and using it to send email?

Or to change connection as needed with STARTTLS?

Tnx, Nik.

Re: smtp.gmail.com:587

rjuli...@gmail.com
Hello, Nik.

Not sure if you have already solved this...but you will find a Goody called EMan.
I have made a few tweaks to it, and use it with a variety of SMTP servers, including
GMail.

Have a look...and let me know if you have any troubles...

Regards,
Julian Ford

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:38:33 AM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

Are there examples of connecting to google SMTP server on port 587 and using it to send email?

Or to change connection as needed with STARTTLS?

Tnx, Nik.

Re: smtp.gmail.com:587

cenopelepi
Hi,

Tnx Julian, I will.

We have functionality, but not the one with STARTTLS, so not so urgent. Downside is "allow less secure apps.." enabling.

Regards

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 6:04:31 AM UTC+2, [hidden email] wrote:
Hello, Nik.

Not sure if you have already solved this...but you will find a Goody called EMan.
I have made a few tweaks to it, and use it with a variety of SMTP servers, including
GMail.

Have a look...and let me know if you have any troubles...

Regards,
Julian Ford

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:38:33 AM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

Are there examples of connecting to google SMTP server on port 587 and using it to send email?

Or to change connection as needed with STARTTLS?

Tnx, Nik.

Re: smtp.gmail.com:587

rjuli...@gmail.com
Hi, Nik.

You are right about the "less secure apps" thing.  It is annoying, but you only have to do it once.

Hope it works for you!

Julian