solution to import information in XML format in Moose

solution to import information in XML format in Moose

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I was discussing with andre and I would like to know what are the solutions that we have in Moose for the following two scenarios.
We have a model in FAMIX

1- we want to create entities that are described (probably exported by another tool) in XML.

2- we want to annotate existing entities

Another scenario would be to turn XML into mse and create Smalltalk class of the metamodel but this is another story.

Doru I do not remember the goal and status of OPAX.

Re: solution to import information in XML format in Moose

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The only way right now is writing an XML importer.

OPAX is now obsolete and it is replaced by the more powerful XMLFactory (I forgot the exact name) that ships with XMLSupport.

Ideally, we would build an XO mapping engine. Perhaps someone could take a look in the the promising SimpleXO engine of Stefan Marcker announced on the VisualWorks mailing list.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Oct 2011, at 21:56, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I was discussing with andre and I would like to know what are the solutions that we have in Moose for the following two scenarios.
> We have a model in FAMIX
>
> 1- we want to create entities that are described (probably exported by another tool) in XML.
>
> 2- we want to annotate existing entities
>
> Another scenario would be to turn XML into mse and create Smalltalk class of the metamodel but this is another story.
>
> Doru I do not remember the goal and status of OPAX.
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

On Oct 2, 2011, at 10:17 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The only way right now is writing an XML importer.
>
> OPAX is now obsolete and it is replaced by the more powerful XMLFactory (I forgot the exact name) that ships with XMLSupport.
>
> Ideally, we would build an XO mapping engine. Perhaps someone could take a look in the the promising SimpleXO engine of Stefan Marcker announced on the VisualWorks mailing list.

Yes I will contact him.