some Announcements related questions

Igor Stasenko
Hello, i loaded the
Announcements package from SqS/AXAnnouncements,

there are some tests failing because they explicitly comparing block
closures class to be a BlockContext.
But since new closure compiler, it should be BlockClosure instead.
What is a proper test you think?
isClosure or isBlock?

And next question, that Pharo-core having a classes in
Announcements-Core category,
and comparing to AXAnnouncements  there just very basic stuff and its
quite useless.
As i remember pharo is going to adopt announcements in base image, so
the question, is AXAnnouncements  is right
thing to load, or there something made specifically for Pharo, but not
loaded in core image?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: some Announcements related questions

cedreek
Hi Igor,

I'm not sure but I think the annoucment version that will be included is there : http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/announcements

Cheers,

2009/10/29 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>
Hello, i loaded the
Announcements package from SqS/AXAnnouncements,

there are some tests failing because they explicitly comparing block
closures class to be a BlockContext.
But since new closure compiler, it should be BlockClosure instead.
What is a proper test you think?
isClosure or isBlock?

And next question, that Pharo-core having a classes in
Announcements-Core category,
and comparing to AXAnnouncements  there just very basic stuff and its
quite useless.
As i remember pharo is going to adopt announcements in base image, so
the question, is AXAnnouncements  is right
thing to load, or there something made specifically for Pharo, but not
loaded in core image?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Cédrick

2009/10/29 Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Igor,
> I'm not sure but I think the annoucment version that will be included is
> there : http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/announcements
> Cheers,

And packages in that repository is already present in pharo-core image.
But if you look at AXAnnouncements, you can see the difference -
there are classes for subscriptions and
registry, apart from the 'AX' naming prefix.

> 2009/10/29 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hello, i loaded the
>> Announcements package from SqS/AXAnnouncements,
>>
>> there are some tests failing because they explicitly comparing block
>> closures class to be a BlockContext.
>> But since new closure compiler, it should be BlockClosure instead.
>> What is a proper test you think?
>> isClosure or isBlock?
>>
>> And next question, that Pharo-core having a classes in
>> Announcements-Core category,
>> and comparing to AXAnnouncements  there just very basic stuff and its
>> quite useless.
>> As i remember pharo is going to adopt announcements in base image, so
>> the question, is AXAnnouncements  is right
>> thing to load, or there something made specifically for Pharo, but not
>> loaded in core image?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

> Cédrick

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: some Announcements related questions

Lukas Renggli
This concern was already raised elsewhere, but AXAnnoucnements is a
port of the original announcement implementation and likely a
copyright violation of the owners. The announcements in Pharo are a
minimal clean room MIT implementation coming from OmniBrowser.

Cheers,
Lukas

2009/10/29 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/10/29 Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Igor,
>> I'm not sure but I think the annoucment version that will be included is
>> there : http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/announcements
>> Cheers,
>>
> And packages in that repository is already present in pharo-core image.
> But if you look at AXAnnouncements, you can see the difference -
> there are classes for subscriptions and
> registry, apart from the 'AX' naming prefix.
>
>> 2009/10/29 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hello, i loaded the
>>> Announcements package from SqS/AXAnnouncements,
>>>
>>> there are some tests failing because they explicitly comparing block
>>> closures class to be a BlockContext.
>>> But since new closure compiler, it should be BlockClosure instead.
>>> What is a proper test you think?
>>> isClosure or isBlock?
>>>
>>> And next question, that Pharo-core having a classes in
>>> Announcements-Core category,
>>> and comparing to AXAnnouncements  there just very basic stuff and its
>>> quite useless.
>>> As i remember pharo is going to adopt announcements in base image, so
>>> the question, is AXAnnouncements  is right
>>> thing to load, or there something made specifically for Pharo, but not
>>> loaded in core image?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

>> --
>> Cédrick

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: some Announcements related questions

Stéphane Ducasse
After lukas we can also read the blog and get some ideas for possible
extensions.
After all this is an object way to look at dependencies :)

Stef