some news about the consortium

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi pharoers

yesterday we got a meeting with INRIA people and we discussed the creation of an INRIA consortium.
We will follow the INRIA process and propose officially the creation. For that we will have to present
a proposal by end of June so we will do it. I would like to see the consortium taking life by end of the year
and there are still some work to be done there.

Re: [Pharo-users] some news about the consortium

Michael J. Forster
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi pharoers
>
> yesterday we got a meeting with INRIA people and we discussed the creation of an INRIA consortium.
> We will follow the INRIA process and propose officially the creation. For that we will have to present
> a proposal by end of June so we will do it. I would like to see the consortium taking life by end of the year
> and there are still some work to be done there.
>
> Stef

This is great news, Stef!  Thank you for your continuing efforts
toward this.  My company agrees with all the goals you've stated for
the consortium, and we'll be there to participate.

Mike

Re: [Pharo-users] some news about the consortium

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks a lot for your trust!
For us, we receive that as gift and responsibility. We feel honored.
If was never and will never be a question of ego or power.

What I learned is that when you really want something to happen the best thing to do is to do it.
May be people will join and you will have fun. At the minimum you will not get frustrated not to have dare
to do it. We did that with ESUG, Squeak and Pharo. so there is a pattern :)

Stef