some other MA questions

stéphane ducasse-2
Question

I generate a view as follow

        self call: (bd asComponent readonly: true ;  addSwitch ;
                                        yourself)

Now I would like to know how I could get a close button too that
would invoke an answer method?

Question 2.
I have a description....
and I wanted to know how I can specify a default value.

descriptionEditor

        ^ (MASingleOptionDescription selector: #editor label: 'Publisher'
priority: 400)

                beSorted;
                yourself

In fact I would like to select the value of the editor iv
so I tried default: #editor

But it does not work

Re: some other MA questions

Lukas Renggli-2
> I generate a view as follow

> self call: (bd asComponent readonly: true ;  addSwitch ;
> yourself)
>
> Now I would like to know how I could get a close button too that
> would invoke an answer method?

Unfortunately the MASwitchDecoration doesn't allow custom buttons.
You probably need to subclass it to get the desired functionality.

> Question 2.
> I have a description....
> and I wanted to know how I can specify a default value.
>
> descriptionEditor
>
> ^ (MASingleOptionDescription selector: #editor label: 'Publisher'
> priority: 400)
>
> beSorted;
> yourself
>
> In fact I would like to select the value of the editor iv
> so I tried default: #editor

Then the symbol #editor is the default. As default you have to
directly specify the object you want to use, e.g.

        default: self editors first

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: some other MA questions

wagwilk
Quoting stéphane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

For question 1, I'm not certain, but I think there is a display generating
function that is called to actually generate the seaside component; if so, you
could probably override that method to call the super method, and then add a
callback link that answers.

For question 2, I've heard one way to do it, is to define your variable get/set
methods using this sort of pattern

myVar: aVar
   myVar = aVar

myVar
   myVar isNil ifTrue: [myVar := 'Default Value'].
   ^myVar

But I haven't tried this myself.

Cheers,
Warren Wilkinson