sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself

tty

sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself

tty
Two days implementing SeasideDoc Builders, Directors, HelpDoclets to try to wrap CustomHelp subclasses...

It was coming along, but getting needlessly complicated.

"I wonder how the HelpBrowser does it?" I asked myself.

That infrastructure has Builders....so I spend hours trying to get a Builder to build my TerseGuilde topic so I could use it...

Tests have an APIBuilder cannot use that on a ClassBasedHelpTopic....

poke around some more...

Its a one-liner...

TerseGuideHelp asHelpTopic
or
SqueakHelp asHelpTopic

All the structure I was trying to build manually already exists in one message send.

like I said, "Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself!"

p.s.

Stuff like this is a big reason "WHY" I am building SeasideDoc. Eventually, I will have the "patterns" that Squeak Subsystems use documented.

Current task, first phase, is to simply display the existing help as it is.