classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sot of mentor help (second time asking)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hello,

do not know if this is the right channel but is there someone or some book which can help me learn how to approach complex problems like the AdventOfCode challenges , I try that but im stuck because most of the time I have the feeling I choose a difficult solution where some easier one exist.
or I have a very bad plan
that is a wall I hit many times with my languages and I need a way to get out of it and make a step further with Pharo

I ask earlier and somone volunteeed and I hope he or another person would help me.
With the earlier volunteeer it did not work because I m not always understand him/her and want to apolize for that and the way I ended it. it was not a nice way.

Regards,

Roelof
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)

Pity that no one answers.

Is it a possibility to ask for feedback for the ones that I can solve and ask for some pointers for the one I have no clue how to solve them.

So anyone who can  and is willing to help me can respond.

Roelof

Op 12-12-2019 om 19:11 schreef Roelof Wobben:
Hello,

do not know if this is the right channel but is there someone or some book which can help me learn how to approach complex problems like the AdventOfCode challenges , I try that but im stuck because most of the time I have the feeling I choose a difficult solution where some easier one exist.
that is a wall I hit many times with my languages and I need a way to get out of it and make a step further with Pharo

I ask earlier and somone volunteeed and I hope he or another person would help me.
With the earlier volunteeer it did not work because I m not always understand him/her and want to apolize for that and the way I ended it. it was not a nice way.

Regards,

Roelof

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
Hello, 

I don’t think anyone will answer positively this kind of question (mentoring is time consuming, and requires a dedication probably nobody can take) :)
But what you can do is to ask direct questions, those ones we are always happy to answer, here or in discord channel.

Cheers,
Esteban

On 16 Dec 2019, at 13:56, Roelof Wobben via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)
Date: 16 December 2019 at 13:56:15 CET
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Is it a possibility to ask for feedback for the ones that I can solve and ask for some pointers for the one I have no clue how to solve them.

Roelof

Hello,

Regards,

Roelof

Reply | Threaded
|

Oke,

So I can ask feedback on challenges or hints here if I understand you well.
if so, that could also work for me.

Roelof

Op 16-12-2019 om 14:33 schreef Esteban Lorenzano:
Hello, 

I don’t think anyone will answer positively this kind of question (mentoring is time consuming, and requires a dedication probably nobody can take) :)
But what you can do is to ask direct questions, those ones we are always happy to answer, here or in discord channel.

Cheers,
Esteban

On 16 Dec 2019, at 13:56, Roelof Wobben via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)
Date: 16 December 2019 at 13:56:15 CET
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Roelof

Hello,

Regards,

Roelof