sot of mentor help (second time asking)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hello,

do not know if this is the right channel but is there someone or some book which can help me learn how to approach complex problems like the AdventOfCode challenges , I try that but im stuck because most of the time I have the feeling I choose a difficult solution where some easier one exist.
or I have a very bad plan
that is a wall I hit many times with my languages and I need a way to get out of it and make a step further with Pharo

I ask earlier and somone volunteeed and I hope he or another person would help me.
With the earlier volunteeer it did not work because I m not always understand him/her and want to apolize for that and the way I ended it. it was not a nice way.

Regards,

Roelof

Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Pity that no one answers.

Is it a possibility to ask for feedback for the ones that I can solve and ask for some pointers for the one I have no clue how to solve them.

So anyone who can  and is willing to help me can respond.

Roelof

Op 12-12-2019 om 19:11 schreef Roelof Wobben:
Hello,

do not know if this is the right channel but is there someone or some book which can help me learn how to approach complex problems like the AdventOfCode challenges , I try that but im stuck because most of the time I have the feeling I choose a difficult solution where some easier one exist.
or I have a very bad plan
that is a wall I hit many times with my languages and I need a way to get out of it and make a step further with Pharo

I ask earlier and somone volunteeed and I hope he or another person would help me.
With the earlier volunteeer it did not work because I m not always understand him/her and want to apolize for that and the way I ended it. it was not a nice way.

Regards,

Roelof

Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)

EstebanLM
Hello,

I don’t think anyone will answer positively this kind of question (mentoring is time consuming, and requires a dedication probably nobody can take) :)
But what you can do is to ask direct questions, those ones we are always happy to answer, here or in discord channel.

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: sot of mentor help (second time asking)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Oke,

So I can ask feedback on challenges or hints here if I understand you well.
if so, that could also work for me.

Roelof