source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Torsten Bergmann
and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(

https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console

Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)

Bye
T.

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Stéphane Ducasse
We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.

Stef
On Dec 29, 2010, at 9:35 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console
>
> Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
> community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
> of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Philippe Marschall-2-3
On 29.12.2010 11:01, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.

You're actually working in a big bank, aren't you Stef? I can tell by
the time it takes you to get a web-dav server ;-)

Cheers
Philippe

On Dec 29, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On 29.12.2010 11:01, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.
>
> You're actually working in a big bank, aren't you Stef? I can tell by
> the time it takes you to get a web-dav server ;-)

This is good that you can smile at it.
We are not a bank but not university but our building at defense classified.
Apparently there are security issues. So I asked for a date and else I asked that I can pay the
hosting on another server from my budget. Not good to spend money that way (and I'm pretty sure that they will not let us to it)
but nothing else I can do.

Stef

> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Stephan Eggermont-3
Philippe wrote:
>On 29.12.2010 11:01, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
> We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.

>You're actually working in a big bank, aren't you Stef? I can tell by
>the time it takes you to get a web-dav server ;-)

No, in a bank they would have asked him why he needs his own Exchange server.

Stephan

On Dec 29, 2010, at 3:19 PM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> Philippe wrote:
>> On 29.12.2010 11:01, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
>> We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.
>
>> You're actually working in a big bank, aren't you Stef? I can tell by
>> the time it takes you to get a web-dav server ;-)
>
> No, in a bank they would have asked him why he needs his own Exchange server.

:)
this is what I'm doing now. They will ask me why I need to pay for my own server :)

> Stephan

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 30, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2010, at 3:19 PM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>
>> Philippe wrote:
>>> On 29.12.2010 11:01, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
>>> We know. I will reask again for our web-dav server.
>>
>>> You're actually working in a big bank, aren't you Stef? I can tell by
>>> the time it takes you to get a web-dav server ;-)
>>
>> No, in a bank they would have asked him why he needs his own Exchange server.
>
> :)
> this is what I'm doing now. They will ask me why I need to pay for my own server :)

I wil check if we can not use Amazon AWS in some form...

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Stéphane Ducasse

>>> No, in a bank they would have asked him why he needs his own Exchange server.
>>
>> :)
>> this is what I'm doing now. They will ask me why I need to pay for my own server :)

But who will pay?
We pay somehow for the inria servers so we should be able to use them.

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

garduino
Seems that it remains down still. A lot of things depending of the
Lukas server are not working :(

2010/12/29 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console
>
> Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
> community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
> of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Max Leske
You will probably have to wait at least till tomorrow. Lukas' provider wont fix his line outside office hours.

Max

On 02.01.2011, at 00:35, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Seems that it remains down still. A lot of things depending of the
> Lukas server are not working :(
>

> 2010/12/29 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>> and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console
>>
>> Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
>> community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
>> of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)
>>
>> Bye
>> T.
>>

>> --
>> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
>> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Lukas Renggli
Looks like it takes 1 or 2 weeks more, because during office hours I
am (normally) not at home :-(

Lukas

On 2 January 2011 09:47, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You will probably have to wait at least till tomorrow. Lukas' provider wont fix his line outside office hours.
>
> Max
>

> On 02.01.2011, at 00:35, Germán Arduino wrote:
>
>> Seems that it remains down still. A lot of things depending of the
>> Lukas server are not working :(
>>

>> 2010/12/29 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>>> and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(
>>>
>>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console
>>>
>>> Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
>>> community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
>>> of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> T.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
>>> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

laurent laffont
Do someone has a copy of all .mcz needed for Pharo ?

Laurent.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks like it takes 1 or 2 weeks more, because during office hours I
am (normally) not at home :-(

Lukas

On 2 January 2011 09:47, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You will probably have to wait at least till tomorrow. Lukas' provider wont fix his line outside office hours.
>
> Max
>

> On 02.01.2011, at 00:35, Germán Arduino wrote:
>
>> Seems that it remains down still. A lot of things depending of the
>> Lukas server are not working :(
>>

>> 2010/12/29 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>>> and it is one of the reasons why the hudson build fails :(
>>>
>>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastFailedBuild/console
>>>
>>> Even when Lukas restores the server it would be good to use
>>> community controlled squeaksource servers in the future instead
>>> of personal servers (the "truck factor" - you know)
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> T.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
>>> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know I have a lot in my caches. I think that this is a really nice experience we should learn from.
We should really have a replication mechanism. By the end of this week I will get information about the server we need.

Stef

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not know I have a lot in my caches. I think that this is a really nice experience we should learn from.
We should really have a replication mechanism. By the end of this week I will get information about the server we need.

We may have it on the Hudson server for last successfull build ?

Laurent

Stef

On Jan 2, 2011, at 1:36 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Do someone has a copy of all .mcz needed for Pharo ?
>
> Laurent.
>
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks like it takes 1 or 2 weeks more, because during office hours I
> am (normally) not at home :-(
>
> Lukas
>
> On 2 January 2011 09:47, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > You will probably have to wait at least till tomorrow. Lukas' provider wont fix his line outside office hours.
> >
> > Max
> >

> > On 02.01.2011, at 00:35, Germán Arduino wrote:
> >
> >> Seems that it remains down still. A lot of things depending of the
> >> Lukas server are not working :(

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: source.lukas-renggli.ch is down

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not know I have a lot in my caches. I think that this is a really nice experience we should learn from.
We should really have a replication mechanism. By the end of this week I will get information about the server we need.

We may have it on the Hudson server for last successfull build ?

Yes, this is what I suggested some threads ago...check the latest successfull Pharo1.2 build and take the stuff from package-cache

cheers

mariano

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not know I have a lot in my caches. I think that this is a really nice experience we should learn from.
We should really have a replication mechanism. By the end of this week I will get information about the server we need.

We may have it on the Hudson server for last successfull build ?

Yes, this is what I suggested some threads ago...check the latest successfull Pharo1.2 build and take the stuff from package-cache

Is there a link on the hudson web interface to download the package-cache ?

Laurent

On Jan 2, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not know I have a lot in my caches. I think that this is a really nice experience we should learn from.
We should really have a replication mechanism. By the end of this week I will get information about the server we need.

We may have it on the Hudson server for last successfull build ?

Yes, this is what I suggested some threads ago...check the latest successfull Pharo1.2 build and take the stuff from package-cache

Server is up again, 1.2core build works again. (1.2full fails due to another problem)