source.sqf down?

Marcus Denker
Hi,

I have problems connecting to source.squeakfoundation.org.

    Marcus

Re: source.sqf down?

Ken Causey-3
I also could not get a response.  The process was still running but was
pegging the CPU.  I killed it and restarted it.  It seems to be running
now, I hope nothing was lost.  Please find the SqueakDebug.log (from the
16th) that I found, attached.  By the way problem images can be run
under tightvnc for monitoring and debugging.  If you are interested in
doing that Doug and need some help with it let me know.

Ken

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 23:17 +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems connecting to source.squeakfoundation.org.
>
>     Marcus

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: source.sqf down?

Doug Way

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:29:06 -0600, "Ken Causey" <[hidden email]>
said:
> I also could not get a response.  The process was still running but was
> pegging the CPU.  I killed it and restarted it.  It seems to be running
> now, I hope nothing was lost.  Please find the SqueakDebug.log (from the
> 16th) that I found, attached.  By the way problem images can be run
> under tightvnc for monitoring and debugging.  If you are interested in
> doing that Doug and need some help with it let me know.

Yes, I will want to try that sometime soon... running and tweaking the
image remotely would be a lot easier than setting up the image on my
machine and then ftp-ing over for any change.

Thanks for the restart, it seems to have worked.

- Doug

Re: source.sqf down?

Marcus Denker

On 17.02.2006, at 23:29, Ken Causey wrote:

> I also could not get a response.  The process was still running but
> was
> pegging the CPU.  I killed it and restarted it.  It seems to be
> running
> now, I hope nothing was lost.  Please find the SqueakDebug.log
> (from the
> 16th) that I found, attached.  By the way problem images can be run
> under tightvnc for monitoring and debugging.  If you are interested in
> doing that Doug and need some help with it let me know.

Yes, I'd like to have more access to the admin side... the other thing
that we should do soom is to upgrade to the latest squeaksource
(this way we then can delete files in the inbox, for example)

      Marcus

Re: source.sqf down?

Ken Causey-3
Instructions for using tightvnc on box2 can be found at

http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse?list=box-admins&cmd=showthread&month=200509&threadid=ogncogihpfckggglpnik

Ken

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 18:56 -0500, Doug Way wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:29:06 -0600, "Ken Causey" <[hidden email]>
> said:
> > I also could not get a response.  The process was still running but was
> > pegging the CPU.  I killed it and restarted it.  It seems to be running
> > now, I hope nothing was lost.  Please find the SqueakDebug.log (from the
> > 16th) that I found, attached.  By the way problem images can be run
> > under tightvnc for monitoring and debugging.  If you are interested in
> > doing that Doug and need some help with it let me know.
>
> Yes, I will want to try that sometime soon... running and tweaking the
> image remotely would be a lot easier than setting up the image on my
> machine and then ftp-ing over for any change.
>
> Thanks for the restart, it seems to have worked.
>
> - Doug

Re: source.sqf down?

stéphane ducasse-2
doug

could you load the new squeaksource code in the squeakfoundation one.
This would allow us to clean the inbox. Now this is not really
possible to find its way there.

Stef

On 18 févr. 06, at 00:56, Doug Way wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:29:06 -0600, "Ken Causey" <[hidden email]>
> said:
>> I also could not get a response.  The process was still running
>> but was
>> pegging the CPU.  I killed it and restarted it.  It seems to be
>> running
>> now, I hope nothing was lost.  Please find the SqueakDebug.log
>> (from the
>> 16th) that I found, attached.  By the way problem images can be run
>> under tightvnc for monitoring and debugging.  If you are
>> interested in
>> doing that Doug and need some help with it let me know.
>
> Yes, I will want to try that sometime soon... running and tweaking the
> image remotely would be a lot easier than setting up the image on my
> machine and then ftp-ing over for any change.
>
> Thanks for the restart, it seems to have worked.
>
> - Doug

Re: source.sqf down?

Marcus Denker

On 18.02.2006, at 20:41, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> doug
>
> could you load the new squeaksource code in the squeakfoundation one.
> This would allow us to clean the inbox. Now this is not really
> possible to find its way there.

That might not that simple... Adrian and Phillipe spend a day to
convert the model
when updating squeaksource.com... I will ask Adrian what to do.

      Marcus

Re: source.sqf down?

Adrian Lienhard
No, that's not a problem. What we did with converting the model is
not needed for this upgrade. We moved to this version from much older
code.
In the meantime (since the announcement  of Lukas to this list on
January 10) we added some enhancements and minor bugfixes. One thing
to take care of in the latest version is that we commented out the
usage of ReferenceStreams for persistency -- for SqueakSource.com we
regularly save the image because the ref streams do not perform well
with the size of our model.

Adrian