"sourcetrail" a code browser for C++/Java

"sourcetrail" a code browser for C++/Java

Holger Freyther
Hi,

I was just watching some videos and stumbled across sourcetrail[1][2]. The visualizations look pretty neat. Maybe it can be used an inspiration?

cheers

        holger

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8S6V6U5Vr4
[2] https://www.sourcetrail.com

Re: "sourcetrail" a code browser for C++/Java

rainer.winkler

Hi Holger,

thanks for mentioning the Software Exploration Tool Sourcetrail. I use it when I develop in C, it is now free for non commercial using.

I already contacted Eberhard Gräther to discuss using Sourcetrail for other languages than C, C++ and Java. But this will probably at best take some time.

So I am still using the Open Source Software Exploration Tool Moose2Model (www.moose2model.org) I developed. I use it for Smalltalk and SAP ABAP. It can be used in a similar way to Sourcetrail, but gives also the option to build commented and customized maps that can be stored and updated with new coding versions. Sourcetrail on the other hand gives much more details on the analyzed coding.

I mentioned Sourcetrail in my talk at ESUG 2017 (https://www.slideshare.net/esug/do-visualizations-help-during-development-using-moose-while-coding and https://youtu.be/0ttLYM1tkek?list=PLJ5nSnWzQXi_THfKwhzxFwbXy00YTi0uv&t=1008 )

Cheers

Rainer

-----Original-Nachricht-----

> Betreff: Pharo-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 175
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 13:11:26 +0800
> From: Holger Freyther <[hidden email]>
> To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Pharo-users] "sourcetrail" a code browser for C++/Java

> I was just watching some videos and stumbled across sourcetrail[1][2]. The visualizations look pretty neat. Maybe it can be used an inspiration?
>
> cheers
>
>      holger
>

> [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8S6V6U5Vr4
> [2] https://www.sourcetrail.com

Re: "sourcetrail" a code browser for C++/Java

Holger Freyther

> On 1. Nov 2017, at 06:03, [hidden email] wrote:
>

> Hi Holger,
>

> So I am still using the Open Source Software Exploration Tool Moose2Model (www.moose2model.org) I developed. I use it for Smalltalk and SAP ABAP. It can be used in a similar way to Sourcetrail, but gives also the option to build commented and customized maps that can be stored and updated with new coding versions. Sourcetrail on the other hand gives much more details on the analyzed coding.

ahh cool! Will watch your ESUG talk. What would be missing for Moose or Pharo?

cheers

        holger