[spotter] How do I get all the pragmas of the system?

[spotter] How do I get all the pragmas of the system?

stepharo
  How do I get all the pragmas of the system with Spotter?

Re: [spotter] How do I get all the pragmas of the system?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This is not provided because that search is too expensive to happen by default.

Take a look at the current implementation:

GTSpotter>>spotterForPragmasFor: aStep
<spotterOrder: 40>
aStep listProcessor
allCandidates: [ PragmaType all ];
title: 'Pragmas';
itemName: [ :pragma | pragma keyword ];
filter: GTFilterSubstring;
wantsToDisplayOnEmptyQuery: false

The last statement says that you have to have a query to start the search. And because it is implemented using as a substring filter, you will only get something when you have a letter in the search.

Now, if you want to have a full text search option, for example using string match patterns, you can do this:

GTSpotter>>spotterForPragmasFor: aStep
<spotterOrder: 40>
aStep listProcessor
allCandidates: [ PragmaType all ];
title: 'Pragmas';
itemName: [ :pragma | pragma keyword ];
filter: GTFilterStringMatch;
wantsToDisplayOnEmptyQuery: false

Now, if you type
#pragma * you get all pragmas

The StringMatch is slower than the Substring and that is why we do not use it by default. We still would like to work on a more unified search strategy, but we did not get to it. Perhaps someone else could propose something.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: [spotter] How do I get all the pragmas of the system?

stepharo

thanks

I notice that I could not get it either with finder and I found a bug into finder and regex :)