spotter on global vars

Nicolai Hess
I hope I don't overuse spotter.

spot on global vars

But actually these are features that were supported by spotlight, and I miss this.

nicolai

Re: spotter on global vars

Tudor Girba-2
Spotter is certainly meant to search whatever you want, so it's hard to over use it :)

I added you to the Moose team. Please commit your changes there.

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: spotter on global vars

Marcus Denker-4
Do you need GTSpottedGlobalVars as a wrapper or could this not be part of #GlobalVariable?

(and LiteralVariable in general should have support for showing users in spotter, like it has already gtInspectorUsersIn:)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hope I don't overuse spotter.

spot on global vars

But actually these are features that were supported by spotlight, and I miss this.

nicolai

Re: spotter on global vars

Nicolai Hess
Do you need GTSpottedGlobalVars as a wrapper or could this not be part of #GlobalVariable?

(and LiteralVariable in general should have support for showing users in spotter, like it has already gtInspectorUsersIn:)

Ah, I wasn't aware of GlobalVariable, no, maybe GTSpottedGlobalVars isn't needed then.

nicolai

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hope I don't overuse spotter.

spot on global vars

But actually these are features that were supported by spotlight, and I miss this.

nicolai

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: spotter on global vars

Marcus Denker-4

> On 19 Dec 2014, at 12:14, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That one only exists in Pharo 4.

Yes… GT needs to move to Pharo4 or this will all be very boring soon.

        Marcus

Re: spotter on global vars

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 19 Dec 2014, at 12:24, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Dec 2014, at 12:14, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> That one only exists in Pharo 4.
>>

> Yes… GT needs to move to Pharo4 or this will all be very boring soon.

Indeed, it makes no sense for something as forward looking as GT to be limited by backwards compatibility with a mostly static 3.0

Now, for inspector presentations and search this is an add-on, not a dependency

Re: spotter on global vars

Nicolai Hess

Then, I will wait until it moved to pharo 4.