[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I've just uploaded new squeak-dev and squeak-web images based on
Squeak3.9.1-7075, Squeak3.10.2-7179 and Pharo0.1-10046.

More information and download: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

Changes in this version:
---------------------------

- The 3.10 images are now based on 3.10.2-7179.
- Pharo images are based on version 10046.
- Rio is now part of the non-beta images too.
- Algernon has been reintroduced as a beta package and it does not
slow down the loading phase anymore.
- OB-Enhancements has been updated too. Here is a comment from its
author David Röthlisberger: "This one should be fairly stable. The
delta to the previous version is mainly bug fixing, some minor
corrections, and some new icons added."
- OB-Refactory saw important fixes too.

Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages (some packages are only in
the squeak-web image or beta images):

Aida version 5.6
Algernon version 1.2
AST version 160
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.25
AutomaticMethodCategorizerOB version 0.2
Diff Tools version 0.51
DynamicBindings version 2.7
eCompletion version 0.89
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.4
Event Enhancements version 0.6
Geometry Models version 0.3
Installer version 4.1
KomHttpServer version 7.0.30
KomServices version 1.12
Magritte-Model version 1.0.16.313
Magritte-Morph version 1.0.16.42
Magritte-Seaside version 1.0.16.261
Magritte-Tests version 1.0.16.141
Nice fonts version 0.5
Null version 0.14
OB-Enhancements version 0.176
OmniBrowser version 0.412.1
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.25
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.49
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 0.94
OmniBrowser-Regex version 0.9
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.337
OmniBrowser-SUnitIntegration version 0.9.1
OmniBrowser-TraitsIntegration version 0.34
Pier version current
Pier-Blog version 1.0.16.73
Pier-Documents version 1.0.16.6
Pier-EditorEnh version 1.0.16.12
Pier-Model version 1.0.16.221
Pier-OmniBrowser version 1.0.16.33
Pier-Seaside version 1.0.16.272
Pier-Security version 1.0.16.105
Pier-Tests version 1.0.16.95
Refactoring Engine version 50
Rio version 0.34.29
Rio-Kernel version 0.78
RoelTyper version 0.60
RSRSS2 version 2.8.9
Scriptaculous version 2.8.228
ScriptManager version 0.6
Seaside version 2.8.522
Seaside-Adapters-Core version pmm.2.mcz
Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo version 8
Seaside-Squeak-Adapters version pmm.3.mcz
SeasideAdaptersCompatibility version pmm.1.mcz
Shout version 3.15-tween.72
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.2
SmaCC runtime version 13
Sport version 2.31
Squeak dev packages version 0.21
Squeak dev packages beta version 0.28
Squeak web packages version 0.2
SUnit-improved version 4.0.108
SUnitGUI-improved version 4.0.48
Swazoo version 2.1
ToolBuilder integration for UI Themes version 0.52
UI Themes and Standard Widgets version 0.70
Universes version 45
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.35
VBRegex version 1.9
YAXO version 9

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages
- Install them

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

wilkesj
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.

Please keep listing the changes.

Thanks for all your work.

- Wilkes

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Igor Stasenko
2008/7/2 Wilkes Joiner <[hidden email]>:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.
>
> Please keep listing the changes.
>
> Thanks for all your work.

+1
Damien, thanks for your great work.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Sophie424

"Wilkes Joiner" <[hidden email]> wrote
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.
>
> Please keep listing the changes.
>
> Thanks for all your work.
>
> - Wilkes

+1. Thank you, Damien!

Sophie

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Tim M
Hi Damien,

> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.

+10

The list changes and actually having a good image makes it much easier to
try Squeak (coming from a Dolphin background I always find Squeak un-nerving,
this at least gives me a fighting chance to try out something different)

Tim

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

David Zmick
Thanks Damien!

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Tim M <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Damien,

Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.

+10

The list changes and actually having a good image makes it much easier to try Squeak (coming from a Dolphin background I always find Squeak un-nerving, this at least gives me a fighting chance to try out something different)

Tim

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

SergeStinckwich
Damien Cassou a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded new squeak-dev and squeak-web images based on
> Squeak3.9.1-7075, Squeak3.10.2-7179 and Pharo0.1-10046.
>
> More information and download: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

Thank you Damien with this new version !

There is a bug with the Method finder tool. Try for example : 1. 1. 2.
It runs forever ...

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://blog.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 7/2/08 7:35 PM, "Tim M" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi Damien,
>
>> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.
>
> +10
>
> The list changes and actually having a good image makes it much easier to
> try Squeak (coming from a Dolphin background I always find Squeak un-nerving,
> this at least gives me a fighting chance to try out something different)
>
> Tim

Damien have wonderfuls ready to run images.
But , you really need all ?
What if you have a image smaller and more modular like SqueakLight II and
decide your own fate ?
See the info at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056 and give a try.

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 7/2/08 7:35 PM, "Tim M" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Hi Damien,
>>
>>> Is this list of changes useful to anyone? If not, I can remove it.
>>
>> +10
>>
>> The list changes and actually having a good image makes it much easier to
>> try Squeak (coming from a Dolphin background I always find Squeak un-nerving,
>> this at least gives me a fighting chance to try out something different)
>>
>> Tim
>

> Damien have wonderfuls ready to run images.
> But , you really need all ?
> What if you have a image smaller and more modular like SqueakLight II and
> decide your own fate ?
> See the info at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056 and give a try.

What do you suggest to remove?

El 7/3/08 10:21 AM, "Damien Cassou" <[hidden email]> escribió:

>> Damien have wonderfuls ready to run images.
>> But , you really need all ?
>> What if you have a image smaller and more modular like SqueakLight II and
>> decide your own fate ?
>> See the info at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056 and give a try.
>
> What do you suggest to remove?

Nothing.
A image could be small, medium or big,
All dev images was targeted to dev people and is good to have it.
My FunSqueak try to be a "things Squeak could do"  show.
3.11 should be 3.10 with less packages, and is what SqueakLight II is.

A beginner could load it and choose
-  load mp3 or not.
-  load Comanche or not.
-  load SUnit and all the test or not
-  load MorphicWrappers and MathMorphs or not.

All others is in the way, so I plan to have how choose if people wish
Seaside , Aida, etc or if they wish Etoys and Nebraska, Games, etc.

See something different to 3.9 way ?
3.10 was the first step.
SqueakLight II is a IMHO a necessary step

Many think backward compatibility is a bad thing.
Life show people stick to know things and changing slowly.
Processors run faster each year, but we have the same brain for the last
10.000 years

Edgar