[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

12

[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I've just uploaded new squeak-dev and squeak-web images based on
Squeak3.9.1-7075, Squeak3.10.2-7179 and Pharo0.1-10062.

More information and download: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
Pharo-based images can be downloaded at:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

New: download statistics at
http://damiencassou.dabbledb.com/publish/dev-imagesdownloads

Changes in this version:
---------------------------

- Pharo images are based on version 10062.
- Rio has been removed because its dependencies were getting bigger
and bigger. I hope that will be fixed soon for a reintegration.
- Algernon is included in all images now (Shift+enter to launch it)
and is linked to OB (thanks to OB-Algernon)
- Like every month, David Röthlisberger fixed a lot of issues in OB-Enhancement
- Refactorings now have the possibility to rerun rules (thanks to Lukas Renggli)
- OB-Tools has been temporarily removed. I would like to put it back
as soon as possible because I think these tools are much better and
extensible than what exists currently. Please help Lukas and implement
the few missing features (like http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7164
and http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7148)

I tried to integrate UI-Enhancements in all images but it failed.
Probably due to a difference between 3.9 and 3.10.

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages (some packages are only in
the squeak-web image or beta images):

Aida version 5.6
Algernon version 1.2
AST version 160
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.25
AutomaticMethodCategorizerOB version 0.2
Diff Tools version 0.51
DynamicBindings version 2.7
eCompletion version 0.89
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.4
Event Enhancements version 0.6
Geometry Models version 0.3
Installer version 4.1
KomHttpServer version 7.0.30
KomServices version 1.12
Magritte-Model version 1.0.16.313
Magritte-Morph version 1.0.16.42
Magritte-Seaside version 1.0.16.261
Magritte-Tests version 1.0.16.141
Nice fonts version 0.5
OB-Enhancements version 0.203
OmniBrowser version 0.416
OmniBrowser-Algernon version 0.5
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.25
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.52
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 1.0
OmniBrowser-Regex version 0.9
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.346
OmniBrowser-SUnitIntegration version 0.9.1
OmniBrowser-TraitsIntegration version 0.34
Pier version current
Pier-Blog version 1.0.16.73
Pier-Documents version 1.0.16.6
Pier-EditorEnh version 1.0.16.12
Pier-Model version 1.0.16.221
Pier-OmniBrowser version 1.0.16.33
Pier-Seaside version 1.0.16.272
Pier-Security version 1.0.16.105
Pier-Tests version 1.0.16.95
Refactoring Core version 5
Refactoring Engine version 51
RoelTyper version 0.60
RSRSS2 version 2.8.9
Scriptaculous version 2.8.228
ScriptManager version 0.6
Seaside version 2.8.522
Seaside-Adapters-Core version pmm.2.mcz
Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo version 8
Seaside-Squeak-Adapters version pmm.3.mcz
SeasideAdaptersCompatibility version pmm.1.mcz
Shout version 3.15-tween.72
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.2
SmaCC runtime version 13
Sport version 2.31
Squeak dev packages version 0.27
Squeak dev packages beta version 0.31
Squeak web packages version 0.2
SUnit-improved version 4.0.108
SUnitGUI-improved version 4.0.48
Swazoo version 2.1
ToolBuilder integration for UI Themes version 0.52
UI Themes and Standard Widgets version 0.80
Universes version 45
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.35
VBRegex version 1.9
YAXO version 9

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages
- Install them

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Gary Chambers-4
UI Enhancements (now known as Polymorph) should load in 3.10. What was the
specific problem?

Not easy, I know, MC has problems with loading things that it depends on
while updating (graphically, like progess basrs etc.).

Regards, Gary.

<[hidden email]>; "Seaside - general discussion"
<[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 1:13 PM
Subject: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> UI Enhancements (now known as Polymorph) should load in 3.10. What was the
> specific problem?

I think UIEnhancements is loaded on 3.10 based images. It's only on
Pharo and 3.9 based images that I did not manage to install it.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

laurent laffont

I try to run all unit tests for squeak 3.9 web image. Testing stops and I have a message from Algernon to press Ctrl R. I've done it but testing do not continue.  Have you managed to run all the tests ?

I've not tried with other images at the moment.

Regards,

Laurent Laffont.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:05 AM, laurent laffont
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to run all unit tests for squeak 3.9 web image. Testing stops and I
> have a message from Algernon to press Ctrl R. I've done it but testing do
> not continue.  Have you managed to run all the tests ?

I don't try to run the tests on the images. This is your job :-D. Ask
Algernon developer.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

laurent laffont

> I try to run all unit tests for squeak 3.9 web image. Testing stops and I
> have a message from Algernon to press Ctrl R. I've done it but testing do
> not continue.  Have you managed to run all the tests ?

I don't try to run the tests on the images. This is your job :-D. Ask
Algernon developer.

What a fantastic job I have ;-) ...OK

Laurent

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3

since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.

http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Igor Stasenko
2008/9/10 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
> problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
> sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
> the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
> Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.
>
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>
> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?

How buggy thing can be considered nice?
I suggest simply to wait until it become nice, without a 'buggy' adjective :)

> --
> Damien Cassou
> Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
> luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/9/10 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
>> problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
>> sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
>> the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
>> Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.
>>
>> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>>
>> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
>> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?
>>

> How buggy thing can be considered nice?
> I suggest simply to wait until it become nice, without a 'buggy' adjective :)
I think a more realistic question is: "what is the bug threshold to
accept a package in dev images?" :-)

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Adrian Lienhard

On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:30 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
> problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
> sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
> the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
> Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.
>
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>
> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?

Answering also with a rhetoric question: who wants something buggy?

I wonder how NiceFonts can slow down the image because its just
another strike font. It would certainly help if you report this to the
author with some more details. I think NiceFonts can work, but it has
to be done properly (e.g., you need to import italics, else the result
is not good).

Adrian

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:30 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
>> problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
>> sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
>> the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
>> Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.
>>
>> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>>
>> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
>> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?
>
> Answering also with a rhetoric question: who wants something buggy?
>
> I wonder how NiceFonts can slow down the image because its just another
> strike font. It would certainly help if you report this to the author with
> some more details. I think NiceFonts can work, but it has to be done
> properly (e.g., you need to import italics, else the result is not good).
I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
include it.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Ralph Johnson
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?

No.  If you characterize it as "buggy" then don't include it.

Every package has bugs, if you look hard enough.  But some we think of
as "not buggy" and some we think of as "buggy".  Only include packages
that you think of as "not buggy".

Notice that "you" means Damien.  As a general rule, it means "whoever
is making the distribution", as in "If you are making a distribution
that you expect many other people to build upon, only include packages
that you think of as not buggy".

-Ralph

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:30 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since 3.10 based images contained NiceFonts which causes some
>>> problems, I released 2 new images without NiceFonts:
>>> sq3.10.2-7179dev08.09.2.zip and sq3.10.2-7179web08.09.2.zip (notice
>>> the .2 at the end which means it's the second release of September).
>>> Moreover, NiceFonts seems to slow down the image.
>>>
>>> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>>>
>>> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
>>> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?
>>>
>> Answering also with a rhetoric question: who wants something buggy?
>>
>> I wonder how NiceFonts can slow down the image because its just another
>> strike font. It would certainly help if you report this to the author with
>> some more details. I think NiceFonts can work, but it has to be done
>> properly (e.g., you need to import italics, else the result is not good).
>>

> I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
> them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
> If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
> include it.

Damien, I don't think it is fair to say that the problem in the Tools
flap means NiceFonts is buggy. This is an excerpt from a mail I sent you
about this issue on 7/29:

"
See #initializeWithThumbnail:withLabel:andColor:andSend:to: .
You can see that it uses Preferences standardEToysFont . So, your
alternatives are:

1) Use a different font for #standardEToysFont
2) Modify that method to use some other font
3) Understand what the following code does (it is sent in
#initializeWithThumbnail:withLabel:andColor:andSend:to: )
       ((labeledItem imageForm: 32 backgroundColor: nonTranslucent
forRectangle: labeledItem fullBounds)
           replaceColor: nonTranslucent withColor: Color transparent)
   and understand why it breaks when the font has colored pixels.
Understand what was the intention and fix it.
"

The problem is not a bug in NiceFonts and it is not a NiceFonts issue at
all. It is the way the Forms with the labels for the Flaps are built.

Also, I don't think it is fair to complain of me not wanting to fix it.
I'm not the maintainer of Flaps! The bug is there! If there is no
maintainer of Flaps, or nobody wants to fix it, just use a 1bpp
StrikeFont or perhaps a TTFont for #standardEToysFont (see options 1 and
2 in quoted text).

BTW, keep in mind that NiceFonts does not preclude the use of either
1bpp StrikeFonts, TTFonts, or any other font that might be present in
the image.

WRT performance issues, please send me a comparison with actual numbers.
Rendering 32bpp StrikeFonts should take exactly the same time as
rendering TTFonts (the code is almost identical).

At last, let me state that I will do my best to fix any bugs found in
NiceFonts, as I'm already doing. I use it all day long in my image, and
it is part of at leas one commercial product now.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 9/10/08 10:48 AM, "Juan Vuletich" <[hidden email]> escribió:

>> I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
>> them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
>> If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
>> include it.
>>

> Damien, I don't think it is fair to say that the problem in the Tools
> flap means NiceFonts is buggy. This is an excerpt from a mail I sent you
> about this issue on 7/29:

Juan , keep good work on Morphic 3.0.
Don't waste you time with nonsense.

Damien, please look longs reports on Mantis , mainly by Jerome, some by
Ralph and some from me about the chaotic state of Fonts , StrikeFonts and
TTFFonts, before pointing finger to working people.

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Ralph Johnson
> Damien, please look longs reports on Mantis , mainly by Jerome, some by
> Ralph and some from me about the chaotic state of Fonts , StrikeFonts and
> TTFFonts, before pointing finger to working people.

Damien was not pointing figures at anybody.

People reported a problem.  Damien is trying to produce a distribution
that is reliable.  In general, he is limited to deciding which
packages to include.  He is not going to fix bugs himself, he is going
to pass on bug reports to others.  I am sure that Damien knows that
problems are often not due to any one package, but to a combination of
them.  But, if the only thing that he can do is to pick which
packages, he has to fix problems by throwing out a package, and
naturally he will think of that package as the buggy one even if the
fault is shared.

Damien ought to have a high standard.  This implies that he will not
include packages that he thinks are buggy.  Of course, he should
explain why he is doing things so that other people can point out
mistakes that he makes.  Perhaps a package that he thinks is buggy is
not really buggy.  Perhaps the author of the package can fix it.
Perhaps somebody has a different version of the package that is not
buggy.

You say he is pointing fingers because he says that he thinks a
package is buggy.  But the only alternatives are to 1) take every
package even if he thinks it is buggy or 2) refuse a package and not
say why.  Both of those alternatives are worse.  He needs to have
standards and explain the decisions he makes.  As long as he listens
to other people (and he has always done a great job of it) then this
should work fine.

-Ralph

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> El 9/10/08 10:48 AM, "Juan Vuletich" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>

>>> I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
>>> them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
>>> If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
>>> include it.
>>>

>> Damien, I don't think it is fair to say that the problem in the Tools
>> flap means NiceFonts is buggy. This is an excerpt from a mail I sent you
>> about this issue on 7/29:
>>

> Juan , keep good work on Morphic 3.0.
> Don't waste you time with nonsense.

Thanks, Edgar. I will try.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien Cassou wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:30 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>> I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
>> them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
>> If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
>> include it.
> Damien, I don't think it is fair to say that the problem in the Tools flap
> means NiceFonts is buggy.

Hi Juan,

you are right, it was not fair. I know that Squeak has different
problems and you did your best to make NiceFonts "just work". I
apologize. However, there is still a problem with the tools flap and
users complain. There is also a problem with composite window managers
on Linux which prevent Squeak from being used on such systems and it
seems to be related to the installation of NiceFonts (I haven't
checked that).

> [...]
> Also, I don't think it is fair to complain of me not wanting to fix it. I'm
> not the maintainer of Flaps! The bug is there! If there is no maintainer of
> Flaps, or nobody wants to fix it, just use a 1bpp StrikeFont or perhaps a
> TTFont for #standardEToysFont (see options 1 and 2 in quoted text).
> BTW, keep in mind that NiceFonts does not preclude the use of either 1bpp
> StrikeFonts, TTFonts, or any other font that might be present in the image.

I don't understand anything about these problems and solutions.
Someone else has to do it :-(.

> WRT performance issues, please send me a comparison with actual numbers.
> Rendering 32bpp StrikeFonts should take exactly the same time as rendering
> TTFonts (the code is almost identical).

I will if I manage to reproduce it but I'm not sure it was due to
NiceFonts after all.

> At last, let me state that I will do my best to fix any bugs found in
> NiceFonts, as I'm already doing. I use it all day long in my image, and it
> is part of at leas one commercial product now.

Ok, thank you very much. I really apologize.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Damien,

Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Damien Cassou wrote:

>>> I already reported some problems to Juan. He didn't want to fix one of
>>> them: the problem with the Tools flap displaying unreadable captions.
>>> If you could provide a package which works well, I would certainly
>>> include it.
>>>
>> Damien, I don't think it is fair to say that the problem in the Tools flap
>> means NiceFonts is buggy.
>>

> Hi Juan,
>
> you are right, it was not fair. I know that Squeak has different
> problems and you did your best to make NiceFonts "just work". I
> apologize. However, there is still a problem with the tools flap and
> users complain. There is also a problem with composite window managers
> on Linux which prevent Squeak from being used on such systems and it
> seems to be related to the installation of NiceFonts (I haven't
> checked that).

I'm glad we agree. Thank you.

More about the flaps below.

WRT composite window managers on Linux, it seems I need to make sure the
alpha channel is set to 1.0. I'll do it. I'll need help with testing it,
though.

>> [...]
>> Also, I don't think it is fair to complain of me not wanting to fix it. I'm
>> not the maintainer of Flaps! The bug is there! If there is no maintainer of
>> Flaps, or nobody wants to fix it, just use a 1bpp StrikeFont or perhaps a
>> TTFont for #standardEToysFont (see options 1 and 2 in quoted text).
>> BTW, keep in mind that NiceFonts does not preclude the use of either 1bpp
>> StrikeFonts, TTFonts, or any other font that might be present in the image.
>>

> I don't understand anything about these problems and solutions.
> Someone else has to do it :-(.

Then I wasn't clear enough and I apologize. The script you use to load
NiceFonts code sets some default fonts in Squeak to use NiceFonts.
Where you do something like

Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
                                (setSystemFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
                                (setListFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
                                (setEToysFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
                                (setPaintBoxButtonFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
                                (setMenuFontTo: 'Vera' 12)
                                (setBalloonHelpFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
                                (setCodeFontTo: 'Vera' 12)
                                (setButtonFontTo: 'Vera' 10))].

just remove the #setEToysFontTo: line. Then, the Etoys font (used for
the flaps) will be the same as it was without NiceFonts. It is not a
real fix, but a workaround.

An alternative you (or anyone using your images) can do is as follows:
1) Open the World Menu / Appearance / system fonts / eToys font...
2) Select a different font. Either 1 bit or TTFont (i.e. any font but my
Vera).
3) Recreate the flaps. I really don't know too much about them, but
changing the font for window titles will recreate them:
    Open the World Menu / Appearance / system fonts / window-title font...
    select anything but the current one

 The real fix would involve the flaps code I said before. I believe not
using niceFonts at one place is better than not being able to use them
at all.
>> WRT performance issues, please send me a comparison with actual numbers.
>> Rendering 32bpp StrikeFonts should take exactly the same time as rendering
>> TTFonts (the code is almost identical).
>>

> I will if I manage to reproduce it but I'm not sure it was due to
> NiceFonts after all.

Ok.
>> At last, let me state that I will do my best to fix any bugs found in
>> NiceFonts, as I'm already doing. I use it all day long in my image, and it
>> is part of at leas one commercial product now.
>>

> Ok, thank you very much. I really apologize.

Thanks. We're cool then!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Mariano Martinez Peck

WRT composite window managers on Linux, it seems I need to make sure the alpha channel is set to 1.0. I'll do it. I'll need help with testing it, though.

Just let me know when and how and I will test it as soon as I have time. I was one of those who has that problem.

cheers,

mariano

pd: juan: si me pedis algo, pedimelo en castellano jajaj ;)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Then I wasn't clear enough and I apologize. The script you use to load
> NiceFonts code sets some default fonts in Squeak to use NiceFonts.
> Where you do something like
>
> Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
>                                (setSystemFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
>                                (setListFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
>                                (setEToysFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
>                                (setPaintBoxButtonFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
>                                (setMenuFontTo: 'Vera' 12)
>                                (setBalloonHelpFontTo: 'Vera' 10)
>                                (setCodeFontTo: 'Vera' 12)
>                                (setButtonFontTo: 'Vera' 10))].
>
> just remove the #setEToysFontTo: line. Then, the Etoys font (used for the
> flaps) will be the same as it was without NiceFonts. It is not a real fix,
> but a workaround.
I will try that, thank you.