[squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

[squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

Lex Spoon-3
I finished up the Stable 3.10 Universe last weekend and uploaded a
quick-start image to this page:

        http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5918

The stable 3.10 universe is a package universe of 214 packages, all of
which have been verified to at least load into Squeak 3.10.  "At least
load" is not a very high guarantee of quality, but it is better than
what you get if you go out on the Internet and start installing random
packages.

Thank you to everyone who contributed packages to this universe.  Damien
Cassou has worked particularly hard to keep the package entries current
and consistent.  For my part, it has been a pleasure, as with previous
stable universes, to sort through such a long list of cool Squeak
software that people around the world have posted.  I hope that this
package universe will help some of you hack Squeak just a little more
conveniently.

Lex Spoon

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

Damien Cassou-3
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Lex Spoon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I finished up the Stable 3.10 Universe last weekend and uploaded a
>  quick-start image to this page:
>
>         http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5918
>

>  The stable 3.10 universe is a package universe of 214 packages, all of
>  which have been verified to at least load into Squeak 3.10.  "At least
>  load" is not a very high guarantee of quality, but it is better than
>  what you get if you go out on the Internet and start installing random
>  packages.
>
>  Thank you to everyone who contributed packages to this universe.  Damien
>  Cassou has worked particularly hard to keep the package entries current
>  and consistent.  For my part, it has been a pleasure, as with previous
>  stable universes, to sort through such a long list of cool Squeak
>  software that people around the world have posted.  I hope that this
>  package universe will help some of you hack Squeak just a little more
>  conveniently.

Can the 3.10 Release Team release a new version with an up to date
universe please?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

Damien Cassou-3
Thank you very much for your work on Universe Lex. It is an huge help
for me. Managing all packages by hand for the early squeak-dev
versions was a great pain. Now, it's very easy and package maintainers
can update their own package (thanks to Lukas who maintains all
Seaside/Magritte/Pier related packages).

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 3/31/08 2:52 PM, "Damien Cassou" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Lex Spoon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> finished up the Stable 3.10 Universe last weekend and uploaded a
>
> quick-start image to this page:
>

> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5918
>

>  The stable 3.10 universe is a
> package universe of 214 packages, all of
>  which have been verified to at
> least load into Squeak 3.10.  "At least
>  load" is not a very high guarantee
> of quality, but it is better than
>  what you get if you go out on the
> Internet and start installing random
>  packages.
>
>  Thank you to everyone
> who contributed packages to this universe.  Damien
>  Cassou has worked
> particularly hard to keep the package entries current
>  and consistent.  For
> my part, it has been a pleasure, as with previous
>  stable universes, to sort
> through such a long list of cool Squeak
>  software that people around the
> world have posted.  I hope that this
>  package universe will help some of you
> hack Squeak just a little more
>  conveniently.

Can the 3.10 Release Team
> release a new version with an up to date
universe please?

Release Team ?
If you mean me, I busy trying to move on newer Squeaks.
People could actualize his images as I said in the Readme I send to webteam..

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

garduino
I can try to help if you explain me a bit more what is needed (Sorry
if I'm a bit outdated with the Universe's stuff).

Also I want to add rST to the working packages, any advice about the
starting point will help me.

Cheers.

How to post a package to universe: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

garduino
Thanks, will try asap.

The another question I was asking for is related to you previous comment:

>  Can the 3.10 Release Team release a new version with an up to date
>  universe please?

What means to publish a new version with the up to date Universe? May be I can help.

Cheers.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks, will try asap.
>
> The another question I was asking for is related to you previous comment:
>
> >  Can the 3.10 Release Team release a new version with an up to date
>  >  universe please?
>
> What means to publish a new version with the up to date Universe? May be I
> can help.

Lex has just created a Universe (set of packages) for 3.10. However,
the current 3.10 image points to the Development Universe, not the one
made specifically for 3.10. I was asking if a new 3.10 release could
be made to point to the new universe.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Stable 3.10 Universe finished

garduino
Ah, ok! Understand now. Will check when have a bit of free time, may be can help.

Thanks.