[squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

[squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

Göran Krampe
Hi all!

So far about 133 people have voted. Given that we got 187 votes in total
last year we are still "short" :). Come on now!

We should be able to beat 187, right?

regards, Göran

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

Edgar J. De Cleene
Goran, I sure you said before, but could re write the email address and how
to  vote ?

I afraid http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116 is not clear about this...

Very thanks

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

Jon Hylands
On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:57:28 -0200, "Edgar J. De Cleene"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Goran, I sure you said before, but could re write the email address and how
> to  vote ?

I got an email that looked like the following. You have to click on the
link to bring up your specific page to vote.

To: [hidden email]
Subject: CIVS Poll now available for voting: Squeak Leadership Team 2009
Election
From: "Göran Krampe, CIVS poll supervisor" <[hidden email]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:27:43 -0500

A Condorcet Internet Voting Service election named Squeak Leadership Team
2009 Election has been created. You have been designated as a voter by the
election supervisor, Göran Krampe ([hidden email]). Description of poll:
The 7 highest rated candidates from the list will comprise the Squeak
Leadership Team starting from the end of voting, and being effective for a
year. Remember that your vote is considered as a ranking of all candidates.
The virtual candidate "None Of The Below" should only be ranked higher than
any candidates that you would prefer not to see in the Board at all. For
more information and details, see the official 2009 elections page at:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116

If you would like to vote, please visit the following URL:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/vote.pl?id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
This is your private URL. Do not give it to anyone else, because they could
use it to vote for you.

Your privacy will not be violated by voting. The voting service has already
destroyed the record of your email address and will not release any
information about whether or how you have voted.

The poll has been announced to end 2009-03-08, 18.00 UTC. To view the
results of the poll once it is closed, visit:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For more information about the Condorcet Internet Voting Service, see:
    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

Edgar J. De Cleene
Very thanks Jon !
Yes, I got that email.

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people!

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Goran,

    if it is not too late I would like to vote.  But I haven't registered, and so didn't get the email.  Apologies.

Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Hi Goran,
>     if it is not too late I would like to vote.  But I haven't registered,
> and so didn't get the email.  Apologies.

Mmmmm, unfortunately I froze the voter list when the voting period
started. I have gotten 2-3 requests for getting onto the list after the
freeze but the answer is unfortunately - sorry, too late.

Göran Krampe wrote:
> Eliot Miranda wrote:
>> Hi Goran,
>>     if it is not too late I would like to vote.  But I haven't
>> registered,
>> and so didn't get the email.  Apologies.
>
> Mmmmm, unfortunately I froze the voter list when the voting period
> started. I have gotten 2-3 requests for getting onto the list after the
> freeze but the answer is unfortunately - sorry, too late.

But of course you have been added for next year. :)

regards, Göran

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Don't forget to vote people! >>> into Spam bucket

dpharris
Just a warning ....

My vote email was put into my Spam bucket!!!

I have retrieved it.

David

David Harris wrote:
> Just a warning ....
>
> My vote email was put into my Spam bucket!!!
>
> I have retrieved it.
> David

Yes, one problem I didn't expect was the fact that the CIVS system
(which sends out the ballots) used the "vote admin email" (=me) as
sender. Since the emails are sent from the CIVS server this will cause
several email systems to get suspicious.

We will try to do something about that next year.

regards, Göran

[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Don't forget to vote people! >>> into Spam bucket

Klaus D. Witzel
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:12:43 +0100, Göran Krampe wrote:

> David Harris wrote:
>> Just a warning ....
>>  My vote email was put into my Spam bucket!!!
>>  I have retrieved it.
>> David
>
> Yes, one problem I didn't expect was the fact that the CIVS system
> (which sends out the ballots) used the "vote admin email" (=me) as
> sender. Since the emails are sent from the CIVS server this will cause
> several email systems to get suspicious.
>
> We will try to do something about that next year.

Don't put tooo much effort into this; in my shop we have one of the best
anti-spam servers that money can buy and your email came in at "business
level".

The only thing that *should* be changed is the CIVS server's compliancy
with RFCs and other internet standards, example (header inserted by my
server):

header 'From' From: "G\366ran Krampe, CIV...

Perhaps that's one reason that other email systems classified your mail as
SPAMish ...

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Don't forget to vote people! >>> into Spam bucket

Ken Causey-3
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 08:37 +0100, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> Don't put tooo much effort into this; in my shop we have one of the best
> anti-spam servers that money can buy and your email came in at "business
> level".

Funny.  Apparently your 'best' system pays absolutely no attention to
SPF.  I'm not sure if that says something about your system or SPF.

Ken

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:28:13 +0100, Ken Causey wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 08:37 +0100, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> Don't put tooo much effort into this; in my shop we have one of the best
>> anti-spam servers that money can buy and your email came in at "business
>> level".
>
> Funny.  Apparently your 'best' system pays absolutely no attention to
> SPF.

Well, I can block or tag messages on failed SPF checks ... moreover, this
is was not the first message from the CIVS server ...

> I'm not sure if that says something about your system or SPF.

So you pretend to know something about which one we're using, or just blab
on SPF in squeak-dev ;)