[squeak-dev] Mac Carbon VM 4.0.0b1 Closure Compiler Aware with Alien support

[squeak-dev] Mac Carbon VM 4.0.0b1 Closure Compiler Aware with Alien support

johnmci
Yes it compiles, yes after a bit of poking I could take a Squeak3.9-
final-7067.image and build a closure aware image.
No I could not do that without poking a bit, however I hope that we'll
resolve the problems in a day or two.

Yes, I could take a Pharo0.1Core-10243.image and after more poking
could generate a closure aware Pharo image.

At this time the 4.0.0b1 VM is not publicly available, another day or
two of cross checking is required, I've asked the Pharo
team to review my changes and the changes from Eliot. I've also asked
Eliot to supply some fixes so we can recompile
the  Squeak3.9-final-7067 image without problems.

I cannot speak for the 3.10 or 3.11 images, other parties will need to
pursue any work to make them closure aware.

Tomorrow I'll poke at making the iPhone VM closure aware, however any
iPhone image relies on the Pharo team resolving
what the change sets should be to make the image closure aware.

--
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] Mac Carbon VM 4.0.0b1 Closure Compiler Aware with Alien support

Eliot Miranda-2

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes it compiles, yes after a bit of poking I could take a Squeak3.9-final-7067.image and build a closure aware image.
No I could not do that without poking a bit, however I hope that we'll resolve the problems in a day or two.

Yes, I could take a Pharo0.1Core-10243.image and after more poking could generate a closure aware Pharo image.

Cool!!!!!

At this time the 4.0.0b1 VM is not publicly available, another day or two of cross checking is required, I've asked the Pharo
team to review my changes and the changes from Eliot. I've also asked Eliot to supply some fixes so we can recompile
the  Squeak3.9-final-7067 image without problems.

I cannot speak for the 3.10 or 3.11 images, other parties will need to pursue any work to make them closure aware.

Tomorrow I'll poke at making the iPhone VM closure aware, however any iPhone image relies on the Pharo team resolving
what the change sets should be to make the image closure aware.

Great work John!  I'm looking forward to fixing the remaining problems.

Best
Eliot

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>

[squeak-dev] Re: Mac Carbon VM 4.0.0b1 Closure Compiler Aware with Alien support

johnmci
I've stuck this VM on my iDisk & ftp site in the EXPERIMENTAL folder
found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Please note the post on the Pharo list about the building and
availability of the windows & unix VM with closure support.