[squeak-dev] New version of BabyIDE posted

[squeak-dev] New version of BabyIDE posted

Trygve
Dear All
I've just posted a new version of BabyIDE with several examples. You find it embedded in a Squeak image in the following ZIP-file:
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/assets/BabyIDE1-3.ZIP

The Squeak image name is Squeak3.10.1-7175-basic.22, the ZIP file is 13 855 406 bytes long.

Enjoy
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway

Re: [squeak-dev] New version of BabyIDE posted

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 12-08-2009 a las 21:01 +0200, Trygve Reenskaug escribió:
> Dear All
> I've just posted a new version of BabyIDE with several examples. You
> find it embedded in a Squeak image in the following ZIP-file:
>     http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/assets/BabyIDE1-3.ZIP
>
> The Squeak image name is Squeak3.10.1-7175-basic.22, the ZIP file is
> 13 855 406 bytes long.

Excuse my ignorance but what is BabyIDE.
Aren't there a MC package that we can load in Squeak/Pharo to test it,
and not a full image?
Thanks

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [squeak-dev] New version of BabyIDE posted

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 12-08-2009 a las 15:34 -0500, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez
escribió:

> El mié, 12-08-2009 a las 21:01 +0200, Trygve Reenskaug escribió:
> > Dear All
> > I've just posted a new version of BabyIDE with several examples. You
> > find it embedded in a Squeak image in the following ZIP-file:
> >     http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/assets/BabyIDE1-3.ZIP
> >
> > The Squeak image name is Squeak3.10.1-7175-basic.22, the ZIP file is
> > 13 855 406 bytes long.
>
> Excuse my ignorance but what is BabyIDE.

Wikipedia and google to the rescue :) I am reading about BabyIDE and it
is really interesting.
I am downloading the image to test also.
Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [squeak-dev] New version of BabyIDE posted

Trygve
Hi Miguel,
You find documentation and more at the DCI home page
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/themes/babyide/babyide-index.html
I haven't updated the MC package because the interest in DCI has solely been outside the Squeak community. There is a DCI mailing list that is used by implementors i(C++, Java, Scala, C#, ...)
    [hidden email]
I'll be happy to support anybody who want to explore DCI for Squeak programming. Only Squeak has as yet a DCI Integrated Development Environment, so Squeak is the best place for exploring programming according to the DCI paradigm.

(May be DCI fits better into the Pharo initiative, being a paradigm aimed at professional programming)

Cheers
--Trygve

El jue, 13-08-2009 a las 08:25 +0200, Trygve Reenskaug escribió:

> Hi Miguel,
> You find documentation and more at the DCI home page
>     http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/themes/babyide/babyide-index.html
> I haven't updated the MC package because the interest in DCI has
> solely been outside the Squeak community. There is a DCI mailing list
> that is used by implementors i(C++, Java, Scala, C#, ...)
>     [hidden email]
> I'll be happy to support anybody who want to explore DCI for Squeak
> programming. Only Squeak has as yet a DCI Integrated Development
> Environment, so Squeak is the best place for exploring programming
> according to the DCI paradigm.
>
> (May be DCI fits better into the Pharo initiative, being a paradigm
> aimed at professional programming)
>
> Cheers
> --Trygve

Thanks for the pointer Trygve