[squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Brad Fuller-4
Hi Ken,

You can play mp3 files within Squeak, and ogg is now available in
Etoys, but I'm not that familiar with the inclusion.
OSC is available in squeak
(http://map.squeak.org/package/61f807be-83a3-4944-bfa1-686ddac7153c)
so you can interface with programs like SuperCollider which is what
Cesare Marilungo is doing..
(http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/sw/supercollider-morphs-for-squeak)
Stéphane Rollandin has create µO
(http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm). I don't know the
current state. Maybe Cesare and Stéphane can give us an update. Craig
Latta had done some work with midi, but I don't think it's integrated
into the main image. Craig?

(I'm forwarding your email to the Squeak-Dev mailing list. The Squeak
Audio mailing list seems to be removed. Anyone know about that?)

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Stéphane Rollandin
Brad Fuller a écrit :
> (I'm forwarding your email to the Squeak-Dev mailing list. The Squeak
> Audio mailing list seems to be removed. Anyone know about that?)

I answered in Squeak-Audio. Seems to work fine, although the traffic has
been non-existent for months.

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Brad Fuller-4
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Brad Fuller a écrit :
>>
>> (I'm forwarding your email to the Squeak-Dev mailing list. The Squeak
>> Audio mailing list seems to be removed. Anyone know about that?)
>
> I answered in Squeak-Audio. Seems to work fine, although the traffic has
> been non-existent for months.

can you tell me the mailman URL? I have:
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/options/squeakaudio

but it doesn't exist.

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Karl Ramberg
Brad Fuller wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Brad Fuller a écrit :
>>
>>> (I'm forwarding your email to the Squeak-Dev mailing list. The Squeak
>>> Audio mailing list seems to be removed. Anyone know about that?)
>>>
>> I answered in Squeak-Audio. Seems to work fine, although the traffic has
>> been non-existent for months.
>>

> can you tell me the mailman URL? I have:
> http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/options/squeakaudio
>
> but it doesn't exist.

Nabble has this:
http://www.nabble.com/Squeak---Audio-f14161.html

Karl

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Brad Fuller-4
Sorry, Stéphane replied to me privately that the URL was changed to:

It's a list that rarely gets used, but it isn't part of the squeak.org
mailing lists - so, you can't go to our website and find the URL.
Maybe we should take it over?

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Brad Fuller-4
A bit OT -- Did anyone else receive recent email from the Squeak-Audio
list? I see on Nabble (thanks Karl) that there were 3 recent emails
(one was mine) but I never received them.

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Sorry, Stéphane replied to me privately that the URL was changed to:

> It's a list that rarely gets used, but it isn't part of the squeak.org
> mailing lists - so, you can't go to our website and find the URL.
> Maybe we should take it over?

We should at least update all links from the swiki and from squeak.org
(if there are any)

Karl

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Karl Ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We should at least update all links from the swiki and from squeak.org (if
> there are any)

yes, we should.
What I was referring to (and I should have placed it in the original
email) was this URL:

>From the Community>HowTo page (http://squeak.org/Community/HowTo/)

It lists all the squeak mailing lists except for Squeak-Audio.

We also have this list that is pointed from the community page
(http://squeak.org/Community/):
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/608

This is a topic for the webteam, so I'll copy them and we should move
it to that list.

Re: [squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Steven Elkins
I received some this week.

Steve

--
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world. -- Anne Frank

[squeak-dev] re: audio query

ccrraaiigg

Hi Brad--

 > [You've] done some work with midi, but I don't think it's integrated
 > into the main image?

      Yeah, I've done an object model of the MIDI spec for my Quoth
project[1], which I haven't released (I'm planning one for equinox,
2008-09-22). I'm doing that release using the module system I'm writing
for Spoon[2], which I plan to put out on solstice, 2008-06-20.

      thanks,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/quoth
[2] http://netjam.org/spoon