[squeak-dev] RFB Mantainer

EstebanLM
Hi all,
Is the RFB mantainer around? I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to
RFBServer, to keep the server when I restart the image (this is useful
for headless images -running seaside).
Of course, I can keep my own version of RFB, but I think is better to
have just one and expand the options of use.

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [squeak-dev] RFB Mantainer

Bert Freudenberg

Am 24.07.2008 um 08:14 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano:

> Hi all,
> Is the RFB mantainer around? I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to
> RFBServer, to keep the server when I restart the image (this is
> useful for headless images -running seaside).
> Of course, I can keep my own version of RFB, but I think is better
> to have just one and expand the options of use.

I do not think there is a RFB maintainer currently. At least the
SqueakMap page has not been updated in quite a while. You might
contact the original author but I guess setting up a repo at squeak
source would be a good idea anyway.

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] RFB Mantainer

Adrian Lienhard
On Jul 24, 2008, at 20:39 , Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 24.07.2008 um 08:14 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Is the RFB mantainer around? I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to
>> RFBServer, to keep the server when I restart the image (this is
>> useful for headless images -running seaside).
>> Of course, I can keep my own version of RFB, but I think is better
>> to have just one and expand the options of use.
>

> I do not think there is a RFB maintainer currently. At least the
> SqueakMap page has not been updated in quite a while. You might
> contact the original author but I guess setting up a repo at squeak
> source would be a good idea anyway.

there is already one: http://www.squeaksource.com/RFB.html

Adrian

Re: [squeak-dev] RFB Mantainer

Bert Freudenberg

Am 24.07.2008 um 15:12 schrieb Adrian Lienhard:

> On Jul 24, 2008, at 20:39 , Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>

>> Am 24.07.2008 um 08:14 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Is the RFB mantainer around? I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to
>>> RFBServer, to keep the server when I restart the image (this is
>>> useful for headless images -running seaside).
>>> Of course, I can keep my own version of RFB, but I think is better
>>> to have just one and expand the options of use.
>>

>> I do not think there is a RFB maintainer currently. At least the
>> SqueakMap page has not been updated in quite a while. You might
>> contact the original author but I guess setting up a repo at squeak
>> source would be a good idea anyway.
>
> there is already one: http://www.squeaksource.com/RFB.html

Ah, didn't know. And now I seem to remember Croquet actually uses
this. So sending patches to Andreas (who is listed as developer on
squeaksource) might be a good idea.

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] RFB Mantainer

Ian Piumarta-2
Hi Esteban,

On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to RFBServer, to keep the server
> when I restart the image (this is useful for headless images -
> running seaside).

I don't think I completely understand what you are trying to
achieve.  If you have a VNC session active when you try to save &
quit, the RFB server should already ask you if you want to stop the
server.  If you answer "no" then the server should restart itself
automatically whenever the saved image restarts.  How does that
differ from the behaviour you would like?

Cheers,
Ian

[squeak-dev] Re: RFB Mantainer

EstebanLM
Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
What I want is a flag to avoid the dialog asking if I want to keep the
server running, because that dialog sometimes is uncomfortably for
headless images...

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2008-07-24 17:27:20 -0300, Ian Piumarta <[hidden email]> said:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> I want to add a "keepRunning" flag to RFBServer, to keep the server
>> when I restart the image (this is useful for headless images - running
>> seaside).
>
> I don't think I completely understand what you are trying to  achieve.
> If you have a VNC session active when you try to save &  quit, the RFB
> server should already ask you if you want to stop the  server.  If you
> answer "no" then the server should restart itself  automatically
> whenever the saved image restarts.  How does that  differ from the
> behaviour you would like?
>
> Cheers,
> Ian

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: RFB Mantainer

Ian Piumarta-2
Hi Esteban,

> What I want is a flag to avoid the dialog

Sounds great!  If you already have a changeset then please send it to
me and I'll merge & commit it.

Cheers,
Ian