[squeak-dev] Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

[squeak-dev] Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Max Leske
Forwarded to [hidden email].

Date: <a href="http://airmail.calendar/2017-09-08 17:30:25 GMT+2" style="font-family:helvetica;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px">Fri, 08 Sep 2017 11:30:25 -0400
From: Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [squeak-dev] Seaside question won't post to Seaside news
group

I'm very sorry for posting this here but I have tried to post two messages to the Seaside news
group that don't show up and I don't get any kind of rejection notice. I know Seaside is more
a Pharo project than a Squeak project but I know I can post here (at least I have before).

I want to register a sub-class of WARequestHandler as '..'. '...' works but '..' doesn't. I'm
trying to use the same URL that one would use with Apache like "../folder/filename.txt". The
request handler then reads and returns the file. Thanks for any ideas as to where to look.

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.

[squeak-dev] Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Max,

Thanks for forwarding my post.  I have joined the Seaside list by going to the site at the
bottom of your post.  If that worked, this post should now make it to the list.

I have solver my own problem.  It seems the ../ is remove somewhere along the line, either by
the browser or something in Seaside.  So, instead of registering .. I registered a the same
FileHandler for each folder that would follow the ../.  The file handler calls the controller
that keeps a cache of the files being returned.  I keep an indication as to whether the file
has to be re-read each time or if it can be sent from the cache.

Lou

--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.