[squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

[squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Trygve
Does anybody know of a Squeak hierarchical browser similar to the ones we find in Windows Explorer, NetBeans and many other places. You have a list of nodes. Click one, and it expands, showing its subnodes. Click it again, and it collapses.

Cheers
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Herbert König
Hello Trygve,

TR> Does anybody know of a Squeak hierarchical browser similar to
TR> the oneswe find in Windows Explorer, NetBeans and many other
TR> places. You have alist of nodes. Click one, and it expands,
TR> showing its subnodes. Clickit again, and it collapses.

if I understand you correctly FileList2 is what you want.

Class side, modal dialogs protocol gets you going.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Karl-19
Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

> Does anybody know of a Squeak hierarchical browser similar to the ones
> we find in Windows Explorer, NetBeans and many other places. You have
> a list of nodes. Click one, and it expands, showing its subnodes.
> Click it again, and it collapses.
>
> Cheers
> --Trygve
> --
>
> Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]
>
> Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
>
> N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
>
> Norway

StarBrowser does that but I don't know where the code is or of if it
works on current images.

Karl

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Herbert König

HK> if I understand you correctly FileList2 is what you want.

or more abstract the ObjectExplorer (World explore)

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Trygve
Squeak developers list: What a time saver. Perfect answers within the hour and the problem is solved.

Many thanks to Herbert and Karl
--Trygve

On 21.03.2008 10:58, Herbert König wrote:
Hello Trygve,

TR> Does anybody know of a Squeak hierarchical browser similar to
TR> the oneswe find in Windows Explorer, NetBeans and many other
TR> places. You have alist of nodes. Click one, and it expands,
TR> showing its subnodes. Clickit again, and it collapses.

if I understand you correctly FileList2 is what you want.

Class side, modal dialogs protocol gets you going.

Cheers

Herbert                            [hidden email]

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 3/21/08 7:16 AM, "karl" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Trygve Reenskaug wrote:
>> Does anybody know of a Squeak hierarchical browser similar to the ones
>> we find in Windows Explorer, NetBeans and many other places. You have
>> a list of nodes. Click one, and it expands, showing its subnodes.
>> Click it again, and it collapses.
>>
>> Cheers
>> --Trygve
>> --
>>
>> Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]
>>
>> Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
>>
>> N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
>>
>> Norway

> StarBrowser does that but I don't know where the code is or of if it
> works on current images.
>
> Karl

I have StarBrowser working , after a couple of complaints, in 3.10.

Just check no StarBrowser project in SqueakSource and older versions have
more things.

Any wish join in another old friend revival, like we do with MathMorphs and
MorphicWrappers ?

We could collect old material and merge in 3.10 friendly Universes package.

Edgar

StarBrowser revival (was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Hierarchical Browser?)

Edgar J. De Cleene
As starting point, any wishing StarBrowser in 3dot10 could fileIn first
Classifications and then StarBrowser.

>From World menu, select StarBrowser open .

I start looking for old files, as  more goodies exist before.

Let me know any troubles.

Cheers.

Edgar

StarBrowser.1.cs.gz (38K) Download Attachment
Classifications.st.gz (14K) Download Attachment