[squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

[squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

timrowledge
The Naming of Parts[1]
Since we are joining the Software Freedom Conservancy[2] we need to
abide by a number of rules and one of those is that they don't feel
happy with us referring to a 'Squeak Foundation' or 'the Squeak
Board'. They have asked us to use a name such as 'the Squeak
Leadership' and so we will be trying to use that in future
communications and on the relevant webpages.

The Naming of Pages
Pursuant to the above and also relating to conversations about the
website, we will be moving pages about the foundation - sorry, the
leadership - to a more visible place.

Communicating Better
We appointed a secretary (tim for now) to publish a report (ie this
message) after leadership meetings.

Finishing 3.10.1
We agreed to appoint Randal as the leadership's ambassador
plenipotentiary for the release of 3.10.1[3] - as announced earlier
today.

tim
[1] http://www.solearabiantree.net/namingofparts/namingofparts.html
[2] http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/
[3] www.nabble.com/Squeak-3.10.1-Released-td17495566.html
Science is imagination equipped with grappling hooks.

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

FDominicus
tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> writes:

> The Naming of Parts[1]
> Since we are joining the Software Freedom Conservancy[2] we need to
> abide by a number of rules and one of those is that they don't feel
> happy with us referring to a 'Squeak Foundation' or 'the Squeak
> Board'. They have asked us to use a name such as 'the Squeak
> Leadership' and so we will be trying to use that in future
> communications and on the relevant webpages.
>
> The Naming of Pages
> Pursuant to the above and also relating to conversations about the
> website, we will be moving pages about the foundation - sorry, the
> leadership - to a more visible place.
>
> Communicating Better
> We appointed a secretary (tim for now) to publish a report (ie this
> message) after leadership meetings.
>
> Finishing 3.10.1
> We agreed to appoint Randal as the leadership's ambassador
> plenipotentiary for the release of 3.10.1[3] - as announced earlier
> today.
>
> tim
> [1] http://www.solearabiantree.net/namingofparts/namingofparts.html
> [2] http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/
> [3] www.nabble.com/Squeak-3.10.1-Released-td17495566.html
> Science is imagination equipped with grappling hooks.
Isn't Aprils fool-day over?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

timrowledge

On 27-May-08, at 11:28 PM, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

[snip]
> Isn't Aprils fool-day over?
>
> Regards
> Friedrich

Err... care to explain that a bit better?

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDJ: Send all Data to Japan

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Ken Causey-3
On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:11 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> The Naming of Parts[1]
> Since we are joining the Software Freedom Conservancy[2] we need to
> abide by a number of rules and one of those is that they don't feel
> happy with us referring to a 'Squeak Foundation' or 'the Squeak
> Board'. They have asked us to use a name such as 'the Squeak
> Leadership' and so we will be trying to use that in future
> communications and on the relevant webpages.

In case it was not clear from the queries about whether this was a late
April Fool's joke, I suggest you try again with another name.  I find
this one to be awkward and I'm assuming others do as well.

Ken

On 4-Jun-08, at 10:36 AM, Ken Causey wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:11 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> The Naming of Parts[1]
>> Since we are joining the Software Freedom Conservancy[2] we need to
>> abide by a number of rules and one of those is that they don't feel
>> happy with us referring to a 'Squeak Foundation' or 'the Squeak
>> Board'. They have asked us to use a name such as 'the Squeak
>> Leadership' and so we will be trying to use that in future
>> communications and on the relevant webpages.
>
> In case it was not clear from the queries about whether this was a
> late
> April Fool's joke, I suggest you try again with another name.  I find
> this one to be awkward and I'm assuming others do as well.

I'm not too keen on it myself but since we're trying to take advantage
of the SFLC we have to live with their rules and concerns.

tim
Strange OpCodes: PDH: Page to Disk for the Hell of it

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Bert Freudenberg

On 04.06.2008, at 20:49, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 4-Jun-08, at 10:36 AM, Ken Causey wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:11 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>> The Naming of Parts[1]
>>> Since we are joining the Software Freedom Conservancy[2] we need to
>>> abide by a number of rules and one of those is that they don't feel
>>> happy with us referring to a 'Squeak Foundation' or 'the Squeak
>>> Board'. They have asked us to use a name such as 'the Squeak
>>> Leadership' and so we will be trying to use that in future
>>> communications and on the relevant webpages.
>>
>> In case it was not clear from the queries about whether this was a
>> late
>> April Fool's joke, I suggest you try again with another name.  I find
>> this one to be awkward and I'm assuming others do as well.
>
> I'm not too keen on it myself but since we're trying to take
> advantage of the SFLC we have to live with their rules and concerns.

I for one am open for suggestions.

- Bert -

RE: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Ron Teitelbaum
> From: Bert Freudenberg
>

> On 04.06.2008, at 20:49, tim Rowledge wrote:

> >> In case it was not clear from the queries about whether this was a
> >> late
> >> April Fool's joke, I suggest you try again with another name.  I find
> >> this one to be awkward and I'm assuming others do as well.
> >
> > I'm not too keen on it myself but since we're trying to take
> > advantage of the SFLC we have to live with their rules and concerns.
>

> I for one am open for suggestions.

Hi All,

Ok here are a few to get us started.

Mice
Squeak Leadership Council
Sqmitty
Squeak Directors
Squeak Directors Team
Squeak Officers
Squeak Executives
Squeak Advisory Team
Squeak Advisory Board
Squeak Directors Committee
Committee on International development and organization of Squeak (COIDAOOF)
Squeak Representatives
Squeak Captives
Squeak Will Work For Million Dollars (SWWFMD)
Executive Squeak Team
Squeak Cats
Squeak Cat Herders
Big Cheeses
Squeak Substructure Plank (was Squeak Foundation Board)
Squeak Innovation Conservators
Squeak Elected Community Ambassadors
Rats
Squeak Camp Counselors

Happy Squeaking,

Ron Teitelbaum

[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Chris Kassopulo-2
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:57:41 -0400, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Ok here are a few to get us started.
>
> Mice
> Squeak Leadership Council
> Sqmitty
> Squeak Directors
> Squeak Directors Team
> Squeak Officers
> Squeak Executives
> Squeak Advisory Team
> Squeak Advisory Board
> Squeak Directors Committee
> Committee on International development and organization of Squeak
> (COIDAOOF) Squeak Representatives
> Squeak Captives
> Squeak Will Work For Million Dollars (SWWFMD) Executive Squeak Team
> Squeak Cats
> Squeak Cat Herders
> Big Cheeses
> Squeak Substructure Plank (was Squeak Foundation Board) Squeak
> Innovation Conservators
> Squeak Elected Community Ambassadors
> Rats
> Squeak Camp Counselors
>
> Happy Squeaking,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

Sqmitty ???

Squeak Elders (logo of mouse with long beard)
Squeak Council
Squeak Senate
Squawkers
Squeak Non Unitary Executive Committee

Chris

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Karl Ramberg
Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>> From: Bert Freudenberg

>>> I'm not too keen on it myself but since we're trying to take
>>> advantage of the SFLC we have to live with their rules and concerns.
>>>
>> I for one am open for suggestions.
>>

> Hi All,
>
> Ok here are a few to get us started.
>
> Mice
> Squeak Leadership Council
> Sqmitty
> Squeak Directors
> Squeak Directors Team
> Squeak Officers
> Squeak Executives
> Squeak Advisory Team
> Squeak Advisory Board
> Squeak Directors Committee
> Committee on International development and organization of Squeak (COIDAOOF)
> Squeak Representatives
> Squeak Captives
> Squeak Will Work For Million Dollars (SWWFMD)
> Executive Squeak Team
> Squeak Cats
> Squeak Cat Herders
> Big Cheeses
> Squeak Substructure Plank (was Squeak Foundation Board)
> Squeak Innovation Conservators
> Squeak Elected Community Ambassadors
> Rats
> Squeak Camp Counselors
>
> Happy Squeaking,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak qualified users, elected and knighted

Karl

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Leadership meeting 21st May 2008

Rob Rothwell
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Karl Ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Squeak qualified users, elected and knighted

Is there a certificate with that?

As a new Squeaker, Mouser, Rat, whatever, I have found that the Smalltalk speed is, as advertised, truly amazing.  I can make mistakes much faster now!  And until I standardize my processes, I am in great need of knighted wizards such as yourselves willing at seemingly all hours of the day and night to rescue me from my adventures!

But, if there is a certificate involved, at least I can feel confident that you know what you're talking about.

Maybe you should just remain the Great and Terrible Oz...

Rob