[squeak-dev] Squeaksource.com question.

Tobias Pape
Hi all,

what configuration is squeaksource.com driving, actually?
I’m just curious.

So long,
        -Tobias

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaksource.com question.

Ken Causey-3
What do you mean by 'configuration' here?  I'm assuming you mean what
others have referred to as forks or distributions of Squeak like Squeak
itself and Pharo and etc.  If so then I would say it's not the intention
of SqueakSource.com to favor any particular version of Squeak but to
support all to the extent possible and each particular project on
SqueakSource.com can make its own choice regarding what versions are
supported.  This is much the same situation with SourceForge or even
Savannah.

Ken

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 21:16 +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what configuration is squeaksource.com driving, actually?
> I’m just curious.
>
> So long,
> -Tobias

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaksource.com question.

Tobias Pape
Hello,

Am 2009-07-15 um 21:26 schrieb Ken Causey:

> What do you mean by 'configuration' here?  I'm assuming you mean what
> others have referred to as forks or distributions of Squeak like
> Squeak
> itself and Pharo and etc.  If so then I would say it's not the
> intention
> of SqueakSource.com to favor any particular version of Squeak but to
> support all to the extent possible and each particular project on
> SqueakSource.com can make its own choice regarding what versions are
> supported.  This is much the same situation with SourceForge or even
> Savannah.

Sorry, that was not my question.
I‘m curious to know, what configuration squeaksource itself is running
on.
That is, squeaksource version, Squeak version, any special magic hats…

So Long,
        -Tobias

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaksource.com question.

Ken Causey-3
Ah, sorry about that.  I can't answer about SqueakSource.com but I can
for source.squeak.org which is the exact same software as far as I am
aware.  And this answer is going to be a bit odd because we have taken
an attitude that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and so:

Squeak 3.7-5989
Unix VM 3.8a-1 #1 (on Linux)
SqueakSource-lr.1036
KomHttpServer-pmm.7
KomServices-lr.3
Mewa-pmm.16
Seaside2-lr.96
TinyWiki-lr.10

Hopefully that provides a useful answer of some sort.

Ken

Am 2009-07-15 um 22:23 schrieb Ken Causey:

> Ah, sorry about that.  I can't answer about SqueakSource.com but I can
> for source.squeak.org which is the exact same software as far as I am
> aware.  And this answer is going to be a bit odd because we have taken
> an attitude that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and so:
>
> Squeak 3.7-5989
> Unix VM 3.8a-1 #1 (on Linux)
> SqueakSource-lr.1036
> KomHttpServer-pmm.7
> KomServices-lr.3
> Mewa-pmm.16
> Seaside2-lr.96
> TinyWiki-lr.10
>
> Hopefully that provides a useful answer of some sort.
Thats exactly what I had in my mind.
Thank you.