[squeak-dev] The Blue Book on ACM

cedreek
Hi

For those interested, while looking for the blue book (out of print),
I found that there is an online copy on ACM (of course, you need an
account). I didn't know before, so here is the link for people like
me:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=273&coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&CFID=62857725&CFTOKEN=89787914

Cheers,

Cédrick

ps: I'll prefer a real copy but on amazon (france) it is about 130€
for a used one ;-) so I'll wait abit...

[squeak-dev] Re: [Newbies] The Blue Book on ACM

Kyle Hamilton
I don't have an account with the ACM, and it just let me download it.

Full Text, PDF (33.56 MB)

Click on the PDF there.

-Kyle H

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:39 AM, cdrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
>  For those interested, while looking for the blue book (out of print),
>  I found that there is an online copy on ACM (of course, you need an
>  account). I didn't know before, so here is the link for people like
>  me:
>
>  http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=273&coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&CFID=62857725&CFTOKEN=89787914
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Cédrick
>
>  ps: I'll prefer a real copy but on amazon (france) it is about 130€
>  for a used one ;-) so I'll wait abit...

[squeak-dev] Re: The Blue Book on ACM

cedreek
Does someone know if there are online service to print it as a book
(as lulu.com for squeak by example). I imagine, this is not possible
to open the same kind of account as SBE because of ACM copyright. So
if someone know an equivalent service for one book / one pdf, I'm
interested.

Last point, will this book become available for free one day (as there
is nearly no possibility to buy it) ?

Cédrick

Re: [squeak-dev] The Blue Book on ACM

Giuseppe
¿?

Uhmm..AFAIK, this books is online since April 2007 on Ducasse FreeBooks repository.

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/BlueBook/

Cheers.

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]>
<http://www.lordzealon.com>

Re: [squeak-dev] The Blue Book on ACM

cedreek
>  Uhmm..AFAIK, this books is online since April 2007 on Ducasse FreeBooks repository.
>
>  http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/BlueBook/
>
>  Cheers.

Ooops, I knew I missed something. Last time, I saw only links to the
implementation part, sorry ;)

Could we imagine printing it (via lulu or other service) or is it forbidden ?

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The Blue Book on ACM

Victor Rodriguez-5
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM, cdrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does someone know if there are online service to print it as a book
>  (as lulu.com for squeak by example). I imagine, this is not possible
>  to open the same kind of account as SBE because of ACM copyright. So
>  if someone know an equivalent service for one book / one pdf, I'm
>  interested.

Back in 2006 I thought about the same thing: using lulu.com to print
some of the books kindly made available by Prof. Ducasse.  I asked
lulu.com and the following excerpt summarizes the response:

"... The Lulu membership agreement runs on trust, mostly; and this
means that if you say you have the rights ( in the ownership sense ),
and / or the right  ( in a moral sense ) to publish this work, then we
believe you...."

My idea was to "privately publish" a book and just order one copy for
myself.  At the end, I did not actually print anything, and lulu.com
might have changed their policy since, so better ask again (and please
report back!).

Saludos,

Victor Rodriguez.