[squeak-dev] code finder

Mariano Martinez Peck
People: I am needing a code finder or something like that. I would like to search for a piece of code in the whole image code or only in a particular category. I would also like to search ANYTHING in code.

Is there something? where can I get it?

For those who know Eclipse IDE what I need is like ctrl + h

Many thanks,

Mariano

RE: [squeak-dev] code finder

Ken Causey-3
Searching the entire source is just a matter of selecting the text,
bringing up the context menu, clicking the more... menu entry, then
clicking the "message source with it" menu entry.

I'm not aware of a way to limit the search to a specific category or
package.

Ken

Re: [squeak-dev] code finder

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Searching the entire source is just a matter of selecting the text,
bringing up the context menu, clicking the more... menu entry, then
clicking the "message source with it" menu entry.

Excelent! It works perfect.Many thanks!

I'm not aware of a way to limit the search to a specific category or
package.

If someone ever do this, let me know ;)  Perhaps when I finish collage I have a bit of time to do it.

Ken

Re: [squeak-dev] code finder

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
People: I am needing a code finder or something like that. I would like to search for a piece of code in the whole image code or only in a particular category. I would also like to search ANYTHING in code.

Is there something? where can I get it?

For those who know Eclipse IDE what I need is like ctrl + h

Type in what you want to search for, select it, right-click, select "more...", select "method source with it".

Alternatively, all of the source code in Squeak is stored in the squeak.sources file. You can run any text searching software on that, such as grep.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/